F-body fuel pump

gbracing81

Has anyone here ever used a Ganatelli or Venom fuel pump? The pump went bad on my 99 today and all I want to put a bigger pump in for future mods. The only pumps jegs sells is the Granatelli and a Venom. I was just curious if anyone had bad luck with them as I don't want to have to pull the tank more than needed.

I have thought about cuting an access panel to get to it but I just don't know if I want to cut the floor. It certainly would be a whole lot easier.

It's not bad at all, if you want to see mine I'll show you. You actually cut inbetween a couple ribs in the floor, and it makes no difference.

It's not bad at all, if you want to see mine I'll show you. You actually cut inbetween a couple ribs in the floor, and it makes no difference.

+1, on my lt1 I got the 'Trap Door Kit' which has a plate and all the screws and foam tape. Looked professional.

when my OEM pump was starting to fail in 2003,looking at the threads on ls1tech about dropping the tank or cutting an access 'hole',didn't think twice,cut the hole. Used a Granatelli from Summit and bought a spare to carry with me since I had the 'hole' cut. In 2006 during a trip to Florida,that pump died on I75,took me 15 minutes to put in the spare I had and that pump's been running since then. The OEM pump and the Granatelli replacement I have a tendency to blame a 'getting dirty' fuel filter. The dirtier the filter,the more the pump has to work to get fuel thru.