Got in touch with my inner ricer...

caseyctsv

So I finally took the time to install my first modification... A short ram intake and turbo inlet pipe for the Speed 3. I cannot lie the first time I took it out After the install and heard the whoooosh psssh, I had a big smile.

Bad news is later that night I was taking the family around carefully staying out of boost so they would not hear it. Oops did not shift soon enough... Psssh. My wife looks at me and just says "ricer".

I think i saw you driving the black sti like 2 days ago, you were going through the roundabouts on britton right by hayden.

Yeah, that was more than likely me. Too many straight roads around here, I have to find my corners where I can. :)

That was my first mod as well, and I felt the same way after I heard it too. I really couldn't believe how much smoother it accelerates now, and the power difference does seem noticeable even months after I've had it. Did you go with the Corksport set?

The next thing I did after that was the RMM, although I only did the inserts (also Corksport) rather then getting a whole new mount because my drive to work covers a lot of shitty roads. I'd recommend it, for $35 it takes about 10 minutes to install and gives the car a much tighter feel when shifting.

Yep I went with the corksport. I have the RMM inserts in the garage. I got them for the same reason. If it is an easy install I will have to do it this weekend. The SRI/TIP combo wasn't bad but about at the limit of what I am personally willing to tackle anymore.

I have not really beat on it yet as I was told the ECU needs time to adjust the maps? Not sure of that is true but not willing to test the theory

If it reset the ecu, then it may need to relearn your engine. Not a big deal. Give it 50 - 100 miles.