Hot Pepper Plants for Sale!!!

KillJoy

Jay, once again, has Pepper Plants for Sale!!!! Several of us got Ghost Pepper Plants from him last year.

Please contact him @ mangosteen_jay@yahoo.com if you are interested. I have NOTHING to do with them, other then passing along the Info.

What he has available:

7-pot

Naga morich

Trinidad scorpion (maybe...)

Ghost

Giant ghost

Yellow ghost

Scotch bonnet

Hot cow(similar to cayenne)

Price: $10 / Plant

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Jay just gave me these descriptions:

These are some of the hottest varieties you can grow. I cannot keep up with the record holder because that seems to change overnight! Pepper plants can be kept indoors during Ohio winters with a little effort. Friends/coworkers have maintained plants under shop lights. A stronger light will give you better results and possibly pods.

I have a limited number of each variety listed below. Plants are $10 each or 2 plants for $15.

7-pot or 7 pod: Currently one of the most sought after and difficult to obtain varieties, the 7 pod or 7 pot is is a Caribbean pepper, probably from Trinidad, that is said to be hot enough to add spice to seven pots of stew - hence the name.

Naga morich: Naga Morich meaning 'snake or serpent Chile' is an apt name for this ferociously hot variety as eating even the smallest slither of one of these pods is described by some as like drinking cobra venom!!. It is believed to be very closely related to its Indian cousin, the Bhut jolokia (Bih jolokia) and extreme care should be taken when handling these firebombs. In recent tests, one Naga Morich pod registered 1,598,227 SHU.

Trinidad scorpion: Their characteristic shape sees a two or three inch pendant which tapers to a sharp point, resmbling a tail - hence the name, Trinidad Scorpion. Supposedly not as hot as the Ghost but I think their shape alone is unique.

Ghost: Under the right growing conditions these chiles are blisteringly hot with recent tests indicating a heat level of 1,041,427 Scoville Heat Units.

Giant ghost: Same heat characteristics but supposedly with a larger pod.

Yellow ghost: Yellow variety of ghost.

Scotch bonnet: Very closely related to the Habanero chile, the Scotch Bonnet (or Bahamian, Bahama Mama, Jamaican Hot or Martinique Pepper) is just about as hot. It has a similar apple-cherry tomato flavour.

Hot cow horn: These 3 feet tall plants produce 6-10 inch medium hot, slender, curved pods which resemble a cow's horn, hence the name. Medium heat.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...