The "Im still talking about D. Wiggs 4 years later" thread

D.Wiggs

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen his car at the Columbus Auto Show (Looks like a bag of smashed assholes), but anyway I was telling my girlfriend the stories of Lead Free ECUs stopping it from being able to run, then working on projects for NASA. She asked "Is it fast?" I lol'd and told her at its unveiling party it had to be pushed in and that it couldn't move under its own power. After saying that the CTD guy looming in the corner came over and assured me it runs under its own power and is the most powerful Lambo in existence. I aksed why it hasnt beat a UGR car yet or why there is no video of it posted making big numbers or out running a UGR car. He said, "Well tunning takes time, making a 2000+ hp car isnt something done overnight." He assured me they drove it from the truck to the showroom floor and it makes power. I asked how much... "1200 wheel at 14lbs" "With those numbers and it running full boost it will be the most powerful Lambo, making more power than UGR cars"

I ended up saying "Good luck with all that, hopefully it will be able to run at TX2K16 Instead of sitting at the Columbus Auto Show" He said it will be done and running in some PTSD charity here in Ohio in June/July.

I said, good luck and left.

I'll never understand why some people insist on selling hopes and dreams as the best/fastest/whateverest instead of just saying "Yeah UGR makes a hell of a product, we're pushing ourselves to be better but it takes time." I find that to be a hell of a lot more appealing when considering with whom to do business.

EDIT: Also, when I get around to making full power by strapping a pair of GE90 Turbofans to to my ST-150,000 (for 150,000 combined lbs of thrust, horsepower is for plebeians) it'll be the most powerful 4-wheel thing in existence. YOUR MOVE, CTD!

Seen his car at the Columbus Auto Show (Looks like a bag of smashed assholes), but anyway I was telling my girlfriend the stories of Lead Free ECUs stopping it from being able to run, then working on projects for NASA. She asked "Is it fast?" I lol'd and told her at its unveiling party it had to be pushed in and that it couldn't move under its own power. After saying that the CTD guy looming in the corner came over and assured me it runs under its own power and is the most powerful Lambo in existence. I aksed why it hasnt beat a UGR car yet or why there is no video of it posted making big numbers or out running a UGR car. He said, "Well tunning takes time, making a 2000+ hp car isnt something done overnight." He assured me they drove it from the truck to the showroom floor and it makes power. I asked how much... "1200 wheel at 14lbs" "With those numbers and it running full boost it will be the most powerful Lambo, making more power than UGR cars"

I ended up saying "Good luck with all that, hopefully it will be able to run at TX2K16 Instead of sitting at the Columbus Auto Show" He said it will be done and running in some PTSD charity here in Ohio in June/July.

I said, good luck and left.

The ignorance that leaks from that shop is amazing. Next time you see a MoTec rep ask them about CTD, the reaction is amazing :)

I read on their fb page they are claiming 1600 on pump.

Side note, also calling their cars & coffee the REAL cars and coffee.

The only thing "their" cars and coffee does is serve as a pay to play marketing ploy.

watch out everyone taking credit...

Disclaimer: Due to the popularity of our brand and our builds it has come to our attention that individuals and/or companies are falsely taking credit for work that has been performed, and intellectual property that has been created, solely by our present CTD team members. It is unlawful for any person/entity/company that is not presently employed by Covert Tuning Dynamics to claim any credit (partial or otherwise) for any project/design/build of CTD's. Swift and emphatic legal action will be taken against all violators. Thank you.

http://i.imgur.com/h6vReesl.jpg

First, this doesn't even make sense. What does undercover have to do with a diamond?

Second, it's kind of lame that they spelled out their logo. Part of the appeal is the mystery. It's like Fed Ex releasing a marketing campaign that says, "HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT THE ARROW IN OUR LOGO HAHA CANT UNSEE THAT SHIT NOW CAN YOU?"

I always assumed the logo represented how waiting for Wiggs to deliver on his boasts was like waiting for nature to make a diamond.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Diamonds are a great way of symbolizing how slow we are to do anything fucking worthwhile at CTD."

"The 'Covert' in CTD is because most people find it impossible to discover anything we have ever done to enhance a car's viability. Like, literally, shit is just not there. CO-FUCKING-VERT, bitches."

"We enjoying telling people how great we are because, quite frankly, we can't really show them."

"Our brand is very important to is. In fact, this poster discussing how our brand came to be is the only project we have finished to date."

"See how we started with a perfectly good diamond and then reduced it to some dumbass configuration of plastic-looking parts that don't really seem to fit together just for the sake of doing something differently and trying to make ourselves look cool? Well, we do the same shit with our lambos."

Nothing is funnier to me than CTD's Tesla "Tuning". If there was ever an example of how it's basically just a grown up riceboy F&F company it's that.

We just finished customizing our first P85D! Here is what we did to make this one stand out from the rest.

* Wrap all exterior chrome trim with 3M satin black vinyl

* Install black racing stripes

* Wrap the front, rear and side T logos in red 3M vinyl

* T Sportline carbon fiber sports package

* T Sportline TS117 matte black 21" forged 1-piece wheels

* T Sportline Nose Cone Grille (NCG) in all black

* 3M Chrystalline window tint

* CilaJet paint and leather sealant to protect the interior and exterior

I had a funny experience at the "REAL" cars and coffee last year. It was one of their events at Byers. I happen to have a few good friends that work for Byers and texted me that morning to see if I was attending so I showed up.

I rolled up in the GT3 that was fresh off of back to back track weekends. It was covered in rubber, brake dust, numbers and general track patina.

When I arrive my friends clear house for me to have a front spot right in front of the showroom doors. The Porsche GM came out and applauded me for using the car as intended and said he loved the fresh off the track look

One of the REAL cars and coffee regulars took quite an exception to me bringing a "dirty, ragged out piece of shit" and even more exception to the fact that I was given a prime parking spot when he had arrived early and was not provided the same treatment. He threw a fit to my friend, the salesman that instructed me to park there.

We both thought it was a joke at first, but he was genuinely butt hurt over this sequence of events.

I have never been back to that cars and coffee crowd since.