The "Im still talking about D. Wiggs 4 years later" thread

D.Wiggs

I'm with ya. Plus he's not an only child, so I'm sure there were funds for his siblings too. Either he doesn't have as much as he peacocks, or his dad put all his money in Microsoft in the beginning.

I honestly don't care how much money he has and how he's made it though. He's a giant douche bag and that's all that matters.

Yeah, People were hinting at "Texas oil money" which would be believable based on all his "spending". But "dad was a lawyer/investor" money does not add up... Especially since he was the son through the 2nd marriage...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be naive... But his dad was an Olympic swimmer and a lawyer? Doesn't add up to "will it ever run out" money...what am I missing?

My uncle makes 500k a year (and has for 20 years) as a partner in a law firm, invests wisely, and still doesn't have DWiggs money. Am I dumb?

You're missing a generation...

I happened to speak with a friend of mine who is close to the family (he came to me about CC&C, thinking I was already good friends with D.Wiggs:lol:)..... the wealth goes back to Westinghouse (now WABTEC) in Pittsburgh. Daddy Wiggins didn't ruin the finances, and David is benefitting from old-school, family wealth going back 60+ years.

Bob, your uncle is rich. David's family is ultra rich from GENERATIONS of accumulated wealth.

I really wouldn't talk about this, but if people want to think D.Wiggs is running out of money, it ain't happening. This is me, adding a bit of perspective to the situation.

I happened to speak with a friend of mine who is close to the family (he came to me about CC&C, thinking I was already good friends with D.Wiggs:lol:)..... the wealth goes back to Westinghouse (now WABTEC) in Pittsburgh. Daddy Wiggins didn't ruin the finances, and David is benefitting from old-school, family wealth going back 60+ years.

Bob, your uncle is rich. David's family is ultra rich from GENERATIONS of accumulated wealth.

I really wouldn't talk about this, but if people want to think D.Wiggs is running out of money, it ain't happening. This is me, adding a bit of perspective to the situation.

I agree, if that history is accurate and they spend it like it is unlimited. Usually it is is.

That's the point I was making about my uncle, half a million dollar house in Hudson, 1.3M house in Hilton head, all cars (Lexus, Lexus, Porsche) are CPO.... wouldn't add up if that's the only cloth Wiggs was cut from. (saying that my uncle is still price-conscientious).

I hate this "world record crap", it is such a joke.

Really if someone want to make some money they would create and industry standardized ranking system and timing system. Think ISO ect.

They live in the CTD bubble, seriously this "record" is essentially meaningless, and NO one buys the credibility. Who tracks these records, NO ONE. Its a giant fist bump among insecure idiots whom feel they have to have credibility for nothing.

While I know it is not a v12... UGR has 1800 pump gas cars, who the fuck cares what a inferior v12 engine does. Let me be the king of the handicappers...Brilliant.

While I will make a disclaimer, the Erics have really worked hard to make this car as best as possible, and I do think they are pretty fmart sellows who deserve some credit to do what they have done to this point...However the project is ludicrous.

Finally if they were smart, they would make CTD a brand that presents itself as exclusive and yet result driven...Dyno queens dont sell work, look at the supra world. Titan raced, Titan made power, Titan sold lots of stuff. eg. Not a dyno number and thump the chest. I digress.

Here's a world record run.......

http://www.odditycentral.com/events/rototiller-racing-a-rural-motorsport-like-no-other.html#more-43171

My uncle makes 500k a year (and has for 20 years) as a partner in a law firm, invests wisely, and still doesn't have DWiggs money. Am I dumb?

No, but he would be if we was not set up at this point.

If he makes 500kx20 years and invested even as little as 10% wisely, he should have a net worth of well over 15 million. If he had a savage broker than advised him to go all-in in 2010, we would have over 100 million easy.

And still having a 500k income. I doubt D wiggs is seeing anything better than that from the trust.

Also as people have noted here-Wigg's dad was a trust fund baby himself. He on the other hand used that money to make more money.

His father and grandfather are probably turning over in their grave.

Anyone can run out of money if they dont know what they are doing with it. Im assuming his trust fund is just a portion of the money. Just because he runs out of his money doesnt mean all the original wealth is gone.

• 2 weeks later...
Rumor alert! I got some information from a reliable source that the douche canoe when he rented his 30,000 ft.² of space never applied for permits and did not have a licensed electrician do the work on his facility. Had a recent inspection and the owner of the building has given him two weeks to file permits as well as come up to code on all of his electrical that is not in conduit. All the wiring was done with the wire exposed to every lift and piece of equipment in the shop. Apparently the shop is also a shit hole. Guys wandering around in street clothes nothing picked up, the place is dirty. Most professional shops have their guys in shop shirts and the place is spotless. I'd say the ship is about to go down on this POS.

This post is the definition of schadenfreude. Bravo.

I'm not a high end car owner or tuner by any means but I've worked with a couple in my line of work (Studio 47 for example) and every time I've walked in, I get the feeling that I'm in a museum rather than a shop because of how pristine all the walls, floors, bays, etc are.

Who brags about making 2k hp on pump gas in a +$200k car?

He's braggin about making 1200hp on pump gas and I guarantee he's got half a million tied up in "The Stog" (which I'm now permanently attaching as that abomination's nickname) between all the money he spends on it and other "business" ventures that are related.

lol the exhaust is crooked and the wrong angle on that pile o shit.

pretty sure a 5 year old welded that shit.

And I'm not up i'm my lambo wheels but do the front and rear wheels even match? best look at 56 secs

He's braggin about making 1200hp on pump gas and I guarantee he's got half a million tied up in "The Stog" (which I'm now permanently attaching as that abomination's nickname) between all the money he spends on it and other "business" ventures that are related.

http://puu.sh/dmQ0u/4bf2f9a0e0.jpg

Make sure he doesn't sue you for making fun of "Stig Nation" :lol:

edit: I'm taking The Stog a bit futher and calling it The Stooge

I read somewhere that he had some company come in to make that video. It looks like a middle schooler made it. I'm surprised it wasn't full of star wipes for transitions

The part with the guy pouring gas into the thing reminded me of those mlg360noscope videos

http://puu.sh/dmQ0u/4bf2f9a0e0.jpg

Make sure he doesn't sue you for making fun of "Stig Nation" :lol:

edit: I'm taking The Stog a bit futher and calling it The Stooge

Winner :lolguy:

Do UGR lambos run on pump gas or race fuel?

IIRC They've already done a 2000hp (race gas) car that blew up. Since they're a professional shop they probably do either/or, depending on what their (non-imaginary) customers want.