Do I want Beats by Dre headphones?

Putty

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun with that. Glad you made this thread even though it has no sway on your purchase.

Not true. I said "then return". Otherwise I would have just kept them. Curiosity is his name!

Any time i see someone with bog headphones on, i want to punch them. How "good" does your music need to sound? Ive got some $30 JVC ear buds that i can hear my music just fine. It cant be enough to justify hundreds of dollars

Another thing...I hate walking around like I should be behind a DJ booth.

Get some in ears then?

I just purchased some in-ear-monitors and decided to go with the HiFi Man (Head Direct) RE-0's. I was originally looking to spend around $50, but from reading online and talking to a coworker I decided to spend a little more and buy these.

I did a ton of reading on http://www.head-fi.org

Specifically in this thread, I searched around the price I was looking for looking for things ranked high i.e. search for Sound (9/10) or Value (10/10)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-236-iems-compared-vsonic-gr06-gr01-added-04-19-12

Then I will read up on how they sound and see if I think I will like them or not, I know I personally like neutral sounding speakers so this is what I looked for. You might like something a little bass heavy (looking at the beats), so what I go probably won't suit you.

Here is one for 'portable headphones' I think typically these will still collapse down for easy transport and not be huge (like most over hear headphones). But it seems like there are still some big over the ear types in there, the bigest Beats are in there.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-101-portable-headphones-reviewed-skullcandy-mix-master-added-04-06-12

If you really want to go with the beats they make more than just the huge over the ear headphones. They make smaller ones like those seen in the portable headphone thread (solos) and in-ear's. I can't imagine them being worth more than the name on the side of them.

The three Beats headphones reviewed in the 2 above threads score 5.x-6.x/10 on the value & sound areas. So it seems like there are much better values out there.

Edited by Trouble Maker

:dumb:

By this logic, everybody would drive the $99 a month civic, live in a one bedroom apartment and live off the dollar menu.

Why cant it be an audi and their parents basement?

:gabe:

Ferreal though, you had to have asked for that to be coming

• Downvote 1

Any time i see someone with bog headphones on, i want to punch them. How "good" does your music need to sound? Ive got some $30 JVC ear buds that i can hear my music just fine. It cant be enough to justify hundreds of dollars

LOL, you must have never heard a good stereo or headphones before. DON'T, it's just another expensive hobby.