Save the Stick!

zeitgeist57

Guest Hal
Sometimes I miss driving a stick. I think I want one for my next car, and I really don't think the option should disappear. I remember articles a couple years ago that suggested the stick would disappear almost entirely sometime soon, maybe we'll prove them wrong.

Love both autos and manuals in the right application, but I don't want to see the option go anywhere. A built and stalled auto is fun to drive, but a stick is great to drive without even modding it.

Long live the stick!!

There's definitely a place for them. I prefer them in my non daily car though as heavy traffic in one sucks. Especially on a daily basis.

Your opinion.

I don't mind traffic in a stick. Put a little space between you and the guy in front, put it in first and let it idle along. There is almost no traffic here, I came from NY and NYC traffic where if you could see the car tires in front of you touching the road, there was enough space for someone to sneak in between you. Easy driving here.

Your opinion.

I don't mind traffic in a stick. Put a little space between you and the guy in front, put it in first and let it idle along. There is almost no traffic here, I came from NY and NYC traffic where if you could see the car tires in front of you touching the road, there was enough space for someone to sneak in between you. Easy driving here.

Different strokes. NY'er here too. However, Columbus drivers are no where near NYC Drivers. Way more unpredictable and have no clue what driving in traffic means.

I like both depending on the vehicle. A large truck? I want an auto. A car? I want a manual. I own five vehicles at the moment, and only one is an auto.

Automatic blasphemy:

Miata

Wrangler

Mini

RX7

240SX

Any Civic

Motorcycles

All hell, I could go on and on. Some just SHOULDN'T have autos.

Living in Houston, I much prefer driving the Auto RX330 in traffic than the Manual GTO. The older I get the more I realize that I need a manual for a fun toy car and an auto for my daily. As far as the gas comment, I actually think that modern automatics are soon-to-be if not already more efficient than manuals thanks to those dang ole computer tricks and junk.

Sitting in rush hour traffic on 670 made me want to kill someone today.

I realized that if I ever have to do that daily, I will be selling my car for a comfy auto daily, like an A6, and getting a proper weekend car with a manual.

Luckily my daily commute is sans highway.