Mustang Boss vs C6 Z06

Sparky

Looking to get something fun and they're both about the same price. Can get a brand new Boss for low $40's or a 20-30k mi Z06 for the same price. I know the Boss will depreciate a lot faster initially but looking to buy the right car to keep for a while. Went to look at that Z06 today and it has been wrecked so that would not be the one.

The car is going to be a track day ride and for some cruising.

Thoughts?

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy122/GoBucks_2010/eb43a40f.jpg

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/544/408/images/2012/4/25/320/173/25544044799.320173642.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They really are apples to oranges. Personally I like the Mustangs ability to be used in everyday life as well as be a great fast toy. The vette is kinda limited for day to day use and I think for me that would get old pretty quick. Also the things they are doing new everyday as we speak with the coyote motor are pretty outstanding

If it's just going to be for track duty and cruising then I'd go with the Z06. If it was going to be more of a daily driver then I'd say go with the Boss for the back seats and a real trunk.

This.

What year Z06 are you looking for? 06-08 judging by your price range. Go with an 08 if you can but you can't really go wrong no matter what the year.

Did you look at the one at byers? I was going to go look at it soon lol

That was it, it had been hit in the pass front corner and the paint work was sketchy.

This.

What year Z06 are you looking for? 06-08 judging by your price range. Go with an 08 if you can but you can't really go wrong no matter what the year.

Yea, year really isn't too big of an issue for me. Looking at low $40's.

Would the Boss 302 even outperform a base Corvette on a track?

No. See Car and Driver mag from Feb when they did their "Lightning Lap" at VIR. Boss 302 Laguna Seca was 4 sec a lap slower than a Grand Sport Vette. Now on a 4 mile circuit that's a small gap but still. Vette is the stronger performer period. Will just come down to that or if you just have some personal preference.

No. See Car and Driver mag from Feb when they did their "Lightning Lap" at VIR. Boss 302 Laguna Seca was 4 sec a lap slower than a Grand Sport Vette. Now on a 4 mile circuit that's a small gap but still. Vette is the stronger performer period. Will just come down to that or if you just have some personal preference.

That's what I was wondering. I saw a review from 2005 comparing the base c6 and the GT500 and I was surprised the Vette won out. One thing for OP to consider though, is the driving characteristics of both cars. I've been thinking about trading in my GTO for a c6 but the "easy to drive at the limitness" of the GTO has me hesitating.