Time for a new GPS

mrs.cos

Bet the Navigon on my iPhone works flawlessly. All maps are stored locally on the phone, absolutely zero data transmission required to use. It does text to speech, so I don't even have to have the app up, just running in the background. Makes it easier to thumbs up/down pandora while I drive. And of someone were to break into my car they won't be off with my gps, because it's in my pocket!

That's different than the other apps being discussed. The Navigon app is $60 I think?

That's different than the other apps being discussed. The Navigon app is $60 I think?

Quick search: yeah, Navigon is $60 and TomTom is $50. But that's a one-time fee, it follows your Apple ID, not your iPhone. And it's less than half the budget I the OP. I've used both apps, prefer Navigon over TomTom. Also Navigon's text to speech is much better than in Google Navigation.

NO PHONE FOR GPS. I realize its a convience thing but i dont want tmy phone atached to teh windshield wile i am driving

Use the money you were going to throw at a GPS and buy an iPad :)

Use the money you were going to throw at a GPS and buy an iPad :)

After a month of buying new camera equipment (hey guess wahat.. that 50$ tripod you have been using for 5 years CANNOT SUPPORT PRO GEAR :fuuuu: you have to buy a NEW tripod!!) and Ipad is NOWHERE near being in the budget.. + i have a kindle.. but i want the internet thats on my phone as well. ;)

After a month of buying new camera equipment (hey guess wahat.. that 50$ tripod you have been using for 5 years CANNOT SUPPORT PRO GEAR :fuuuu: you have to buy a NEW tripod!!) and Ipad is NOWHERE near being in the budget.. + i have a kindle.. but i want the internet thats on my phone as well. ;)

I hear ya. That's why I hate upgrading anything. You know the story behind my inexpensive HD Video camera upgrade that went from a basic cam to a cam, HD, BRBurner, Software, etc.....

The reason I mention this is there are so many cheap android tablets that if all you used it for was a GPS and internet, it would be money better spent than just a dedicated GPS. I swear I saw a WOOT email the other day for one that was sub $99 too.

I may head up to Gadget Ease on Sawmill today as I'm hunting down a TV For the garage and will look there for you.