Iron Pony "the bike shop"

cmoosego

I looked in to this a little more after you left last night. The only thing I came up with, is the guy followed the wrong line in the reference guide. The bike below the C50 in the book is the VZ800 Maruader which does take the 150. Mistakes can and will happen, I will be the first to aknowledge it. Anytime you put a human element in it mistakes are bound to happen. We train to minimize those mistakes and hopefully provide great customer service when something does go wrong. I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to make it right, and being as patient and understanding as you were. We look forward to serving you and your bike in the future and appreciate your business.

+1..would make me rethink taking anything to them again..very basic, yet they failed :eek:

Dude, everyone makes mistakes. I know I do at work, and when I do, I own up to them, and do whatever I can to make it right.

If something goes right, sure everyone is happy, but being correct is what is expected.

When something goes wrong and a store does everything in their power to make it right, that's good customer service.

I know in my experience, that's when you get customers to come back, because they are reliable in a pinch.

I think the OP found that out about IP.

Dude, everyone makes mistakes. I know I do at work, and when I do, I own up to them, and do whatever I can to make it right.

If something goes right, sure everyone is happy, but being correct is what is expected.

When something goes wrong and a store does everything in their power to make it right, that's good customer service.

I know in my experience, that's when you get customers to come back, because they are reliable in a pinch.

I think the OP found that out about IP.

+1 Ive made WAAAAAAY bigger mistakes!

i know the employees in IP are def nice and willing to help. granted i only go in there to try stuff on, then order it thru schiets at my cost, haha. but they are very helpful!! and ive recommended them to people at schiets who wanna try stuff on, i tell em to go to IP then come back up and ill beat the price!!

I looked in to this a little more after you left last night. The only thing I came up with, is the guy followed the wrong line in the reference guide. The bike below the C50 in the book is the VZ800 Maruader which does take the 150. Mistakes can and will happen, I will be the first to aknowledge it. Anytime you put a human element in it mistakes are bound to happen. We train to minimize those mistakes and hopefully provide great customer service when something does go wrong. I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to make it right, and being as patient and understanding as you were. We look forward to serving you and your bike in the future and appreciate your business.

hey man, like I said It was a situation that I have run into myself. I would trust you guys to take care of any situation I would run into. In fact this season I'll probably have you guys install a power commander and tune my bike into it for me.....

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys thanks so much for the good reviews. I completly understand the concern for a simple mistake to happen again. Im honestly a little ashamed that a tire size mistake can happen considering we have cross reffrence books all over the store, and im truley sorry that happend. If any of you have any questions, Tire Qs espesially, come see me at the tire counter. For those of you who dont know my name is Justin and I would be more than happy to help anybody with any question they might have. If at any time your not sure what your bike takes come see us at the parts counter and well find out for you.

I have to say, if you guys need any information on tires this is the guy to ask. Justin is da tyre pImp.

I agree with C. I had a front tire put on up there about 2 months ago, on a random friday. Not only was the shop technically not open, they got me in and out when I called at 230 and showed up at 330. I was stoked and it was about 50 for labor was it.

Nitrogen filled my rear tire for free too actually.

I've had some shaking issues with my bike since I pulled it out of stoarge a few weeks ago and finally broke down and decided to take it to a shop. I called a few Honda dealers, every one was backed up for a weeks, so f that. I called Yamaha of Cols, they said they could look at it even though it's a Honda, and got me in that day. That's awesome.

I worked with Dave in service and thought he was really helpful and trustworthy. He rode my bike, and surmised that the front wheel was out of true.

They fixed it up for at a good price, and overall I was pretty happy with using them, I'll use them again if the need arises.

One problem though, and I'm not sure if it's their fault, it may have been pre-existing, but if not it probably should have been caught. After I got the bike back, I noticed some break noise. The chirping kept getting worse, I called Dave to see it it had something to do with the truing. We guessed that it have just been some debris, so I went to clean and noticed that the bolts that hold the caliper on were about 2 threads away from wobbling out. The noise was caused by the caliper shaking. Just glad I caught it before the whole caliper wobbled free. Seems to be fine now.

...so I went to clean and noticed that the bolts that hold the caliper on were about 2 threads away from wobbling out. The noise was caused by the caliper shaking. Just glad I caught it before the whole caliper wobbled free. Seems to be fine now.

I always check and re-torque stuff after somebody works on something for me. Rarely is it done either right, or the way I want it. Which is why I do all my own work, the majority of the time. Considering 4 (or 2 for a single disc) little caliper bolts hold my life and my bike ransom, I think it's worth checking them often. Good deal, that you found them before trouble. And no, it's not all right for a mechanic or a shop or anyone, to send a vehicle out with malfunctioning brakes.

a little off topic but does the pony have a good selection of shoei helmets/ sidi boots/ a* jackets/gloves? and how are their prices compared to online? I want to atleast go try on some stuff here really soon.

they are the same as their online prices ... sometimes they have specials that are store only deals... but the cool thing is you can try stuff on and see how it fits before you purchase....and the selection is awesome...

I've had some shaking issues with my bike since I pulled it out of stoarge a few weeks ago and finally broke down and decided to take it to a shop. I called a few Honda dealers, every one was backed up for a weeks, so f that. I called Yamaha of Cols, they said they could look at it even though it's a Honda, and got me in that day. That's awesome.

I worked with Dave in service and thought he was really helpful and trustworthy. He rode my bike, and surmised that the front wheel was out of true.

They fixed it up for at a good price, and overall I was pretty happy with using them, I'll use them again if the need arises.

One problem though, and I'm not sure if it's their fault, it may have been pre-existing, but if not it probably should have been caught. After I got the bike back, I noticed some break noise. The chirping kept getting worse, I called Dave to see it it had something to do with the truing. We guessed that it have just been some debris, so I went to clean and noticed that the bolts that hold the caliper on were about 2 threads away from wobbling out. The noise was caused by the caliper shaking. Just glad I caught it before the whole caliper wobbled free. Seems to be fine now.

who needs brakes :D

They are Cobra Drags, no baffles. They were on the bike when I bought it. Played a part in my decision making process.

My old roommate had an 05 shadow 750 with those Cobras. It sounded so close to a harley it was almost criminal.