Any Coshoctonites riding Sunday 4/5?

Harb67

If any of you Coshocton folks are planning to ride this Sunday (4/5), any chance you'd mind having someone tag along? I've been really itching to learn the area and get more experience out there. Sunday's weather has been up in the air all week; theweatherchannel.com can't decide whether it's going to rain or not but I think it's going to be a decent day. I'm fairly certain I have the day off, and if I do work I'm usually off by 10 AM so I can be up there around 11:30.

Lemmie know if anyone wants to hit up the area Sunday. I've got some chicken strips left on my new tires to burn off and some all-too-shiny knee sliders to scuff in (should I get that brave...) :D

Edited by Harb67

tempting sir, i will say that. hmmmmm. i will say maybe and see how saturday goes at the dyno day. will you be there??

Absolutely :D I was originally planning to hit you up with a visitor message or something but I think I read somewhere that you're layed up right now?

im good to go now. i have been riding alot lately since im still off work but in that in between stage where i can do what i want just in moderation.

Ahh I see. If you're up for it cool, if not it's no problem; we'll see how it goes Saturday. I'd love to follow someone faster than me so I can push myself and hopefully learn a thing or two; I havn't done any really hard riding yet this season, everything so far has just been knocking the rust off and getting back to where I was last year :\

ill be off work and out on either the 675 or the SuMo so call me 740 six10 5652

Sounds good; we'll see how the day pans out; the weather still looks dubious but who knows...it's Ohio after all.

It's still early in the season, don't over-ride your abilities. It's more the proper time to be remembering what you know, before trying something new. Not to mention that riding with the Coshocton crew on their roads is a humbling experience. And the roads are cold, and there is sand, grit, gravel, silt, road apples, blah blah... be careful.

Oh, and don't be trying to eat any Amish buggies...

Oh, and don't be trying to eat any Amish buggies...

:( But they taste so good, and Amish buggies are 100% organic!

Thanks for the advice though. I'm definitely aware each time I get on the bike that it's still early and that I'm not riding at 100% relative to last season, but I got some significant seat time over spring break and I feel that I'm certainly closing the gap. I'm looking forward to pushing myself, but not overshooting my limits. If I have to fall back through a particular set of curves to stay safe that's perfectly cool; check my post history and you'll see that I follow the idea of "ride your own ride" with religious fervor, but there is certainly something to be said about following a faster rider and pushing yourself to better your own riding skills :)

ha why u say that? i havent even got to ride the SuMo yet so it should be interesting haha.

Let's just say that I'm a conservative rider and you've got a significant advantage as far as experience goes. Not saying I'm slow, just that I have some learning left to do before I'm in the same ballpark as the faster riders on here (and Coshocton seems to be the place to get some of that learning done :D)

Aaanyway, we can worry about pace and such come Sunday. I'm just happy to be getting out and riding this weekend :guitar:

picture.php?albumid=270&pictureid=2584&thumb=1 AAAARGH. So I went out last night for a friends surprise birthday party and forgot to set an alarm for this morning when I got in. The result is me waking up at 2 on a day where it's supposed to rain in the evening and an hour ride to and from anywhere with good riding. Looks like I've screwed myself out of a nice day of riding.

Sorry for wasting people's time with this thread picture.php?albumid=270&pictureid=2584&thumb=1