Anyone one live in lifestyle communities?

STEVE-O

Wanting to look at condos in canal and maybe New Albany was wondering if anyone on here lived there??? If so nay pro cons etc? things to look for? They look very well kept and a nice place to live and pretty damn affordable from what it seems.

Wanting to look at condos in canal and maybe New Albany was wondering if anyone on here lived there??? If so nay pro cons etc? things to look for? They look very well kept and a nice place to live and pretty damn affordable from what it seems.

I live in the gahanna ones there nice quiet neighborhood no kids preety much

Pros: nice gym, hot ass tail everywhere, kept nice and clean, quiet

Cons: fees went up this year and frankly they don't do enough that justifys the expense for the condo fee. Esecially in the winter time with snow removal, aslso they suck at patching pot holes. Another con is its like apartment living..my neighbor tinks its ok to blast his music at 2am in his house and sis in his garage blaring his sound sytem in his gay sciot toaster fml

My fiances owned her place for like 4 years and loves it defentally geared twords mid 20s early 30s people .

If u can get a end unit so you only have one neighbor there are a few for sale at the gahnna place

Thanks paul. I am hoping right now to get in at someone elses loss so I can catch a even better deal.

Lucky you. The fiance bought hers brand new when they were being built so she payed a premium for it fml. Just don't buy one for cheap around me so we can sell in the spring.

A guy I work with just got an older condo just south of Dublin, but north of Hilliard on the cheap. I think his payments per month are only $350. He had a little bit of trouble with it since the unit didn't have an condo association, but found a local lender that got it done. It was the same layout as my appartment if you remembered it at Polaris.

A guy I work with just got an older condo just south of Dublin, but north of Hilliard on the cheap. I think his payments per month are only $350. He had a little bit of trouble with it since the unit didn't have an condo association, but found a local lender that got it done. It was the same layout as my appartment if you remembered it at Polaris.

My tgought are if I buy it cheap enough now it can only go up in value. I remeber your place yes. With things being rocky in the personal life I rather be pro active and have the chance for it to bite me in the ass then sit around and still get bitten.

^ Yea but also remember as kids we were all taught that a house will never go down in value either.

I would have no problem owning a condo. However I tend to buy things I plan on keeping for a long time.

This is true but if i buy something for almost 50 percent if its original value if it drops even more in value I have bigger things to worry about at that point.

I live in Albany Park.

Cons: Girls, pools, gyms, other facilities; New Albany's quiet and there's lots of golf and dining nearby.

Cons: Resale, stringent rules, issue with some of the condo properties (related to the front porches being poorly constructed). Nationwide Energy Partners handles parts of the zone and they bf their customers on water and electricity.

I live in Albany Park.

Cons: Girls, pools, gyms, other facilities; New Albany's quiet and there's lots of golf and dining nearby.

Cons: Resale, stringent rules, issue with some of the condo properties (related to the front porches being poorly constructed). Nationwide Energy Partners handles parts of the zone and they bf their customers on water and electricity.

cons:

cons:

no pros? what is your beef with NEP? i have been with them for a year now and i don't have issues. I live in New Albany and I haven't had any issues, nice all electric appliances and they are well maintained. However, i am in an apartment and not a condo.

I'll post more later and didn't read anyones responses. I LIVED at the canal condos and my brother in law does live there still and all I'll i can say is DO NOT MOVE INTO A CONDO THERE!!!!

NEP overcharges their water. You've lived elsewhere you should know this buddy.

i konw for water, garbage, and electric its $100 in the cool seasons and in the hot/cold seasons its like $200. I konw its expensive and they do charge alot, but there is no other option so i just bow my head and pay my bills

cons of living near them, everyone that seems to live in them is a horrible driver. I see at least an accident around the entrances atleast once every 2 weeks and lifestyle is to cheap to expand the intersection and put in a stop light.

i konw for water, garbage, and electric its $100 in the cool seasons and in the hot/cold seasons its like $200. I konw its expensive and they do charge alot, but there is no other option so i just bow my head and pay my bills

It's not like I am some recluse that refuses to pay my bills, out on my porch rubbin my belly starin at my Mustang. Just stating the facts. I paid much less at Polaris and in Westerville.

Edited by Miller

I lived in New Albany Park for 4 years.

Pros- Nice facilities, decent condos, usually quiet

Cons- Snow removal sucked, board and association REALLY suck. Fees are stupid high.

everyone has already chimed in with the thoughts and specifics on the ones you mentioned. I'll add that the wife and I have owned two and sold two. It's not easy but in todays market, you can buy cheap and if you're halfway good with money, own it in so little time you might not give a shit if you can't sell it.

Market will pick up in the future and honestly, if you can't sell it, just rent it once you own it. We have several rental properties and while they can be a PIA, if you do it right and get tenants through referrals, you can pretty much hand pick what you want to live there in terms of people. I absolutely will not advertise for any of our rentals.

Works for us. However in the mean time, you have to do what work$ for you.