Vasectomy Doc - which/where

ansonivan

I'm going to use the riverside urology dept in March and do the March Madness thing, go in Wednesday night have procedure, sit on the couch and milk it while I watch basketball for 4 days and make the wife make me samiches and fetch beer. :)

Had my done by Dr. Amigo out of docs west. Surgery was done up in Dublin. was knocked out for it. After it was done went home layed in bed the whole day with frozen peas 20 min on 20 mins off. Honestly was at 95% the next day.

I went to Dr. Reimenschneider (sp ?) at riverside urology. No complaints at all. He gives you 6x5mg tabs of Valium. Take one 1/2 hr before you get there. Keep taking them while you are there til your nuts relax. He then uses the no needle, no scalpel method and steri strips it up when done. Couldn't have been easier.

Check w/ your PCP first. They will most likely refer you somewhere. I just had mine done beginning of April. It wasn't too bad. You will need tighty whities for the first week; one size smaller than you normally wear. Ask the doctor exactly what and where to shave. I didn't ask and shaved way too much. LoL. The shit itches like a mo fo when it grows back. If you let them shave you the day of, they will dry-shave you. You don't want that.

I went to Dr. Pewitt at Central Ohio Urology Group. It's near the airport. He's a really cool guy. We told jokes back and forth while he was cutting on me. He even showed me the pieces that he removed.

I'm going to use the riverside urology dept in March and do the March Madness thing, go in Wednesday night have procedure, sit on the couch and milk it while I watch basketball for 4 days and make the wife make me samiches and fetch beer. :)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/iwashmycar/forum/I-Find-Humerus_500x500.jpg

I went to Dr. Kutyorschit out in Westerville. Easy in and out procedure. They did say that it takes a while afterwards before all of your baby making abilities are gone so be careful.

Yep. The doc said you had to not have the sexors for 30 days and had to jack it off several times before you're clean. The place I went to had me take a sample back to them in 30 days to see if there was nothing there.

Ask the doctor exactly what and where to shave. I didn't ask and shaved way too much. LoL. The shit itches like a mo fo when it grows back. If you let them shave you the day of, they will dry-shave you. You don't want that.

Maybe this procedure is a little different, in this area, but I just had my ACL done and they specifically said NOT to shave myself. They are worried about you cutting yourself, since that will be a possible point for infection, especially because it's not an area you normally shave... well it may or may not be for a vasectomy depending on the person. :lolguy:

Good people! Just had something done with them.

Wait....some of you don't already shave your nuts? Seriously? Are you Amish?

I went through Central Ohio Urology. It seemed like I was in and out in no time. You don't feel a darn thing. The initial shot was a lot like getting a shot in your gums at the dentist, doesn't hurt but is a little uncomfortable for a moment. Post op just keep things high and tight for a few days, pop some ibuprofen regularly and enjoy the downtime. It really isn't that bad.

Oddly enough I had this conversation just last night with a good friend who is 46 and found out they are expecting..... f that noise.

Just be damn sure and think through all the possible scenarios.

I went to the vet to get fixed then back to a much more expensive vet to get unfixed years later. Hours on the table with no general, post surgical drains, swelling... (Do your jimmies feel cold yet?) That is some surgery I would not wish on anybody.

When wife #2 called, "Done!" I told her it was her turn this time.