Timken Bearings still any good?

schmuckingham

Timkin bearings are fine if you get them from a reputable source. I had purchased "timkin" bearings from autozone that were their duralast brand in a timkin box. This could be avoided by asking to compare to the store brand parts though, or ordering from rockauto.

So if I go to Vatozone the Timkens are just reboxed duralasts?

I can't say for sure but the one Timkin bearing I got from there was making noise the moment I left the driveway. From what the old farts at work tell me Timkin used to be made here in Columbus but a couple years ago got shipped to China.

Although to be fair, I went through several bearings before I got a torque wrench and checked to make sure I was torquing them correctly.

I Can't say for sure they all are, that was just my experience. They had to special order an actual Timken bearing for me, and claimed it was some sort of mix up to cover their asses.

Timken bearings are still built in my home town. Bucyrus. Although the distribution center got shut down the plant is still there. I only use Timken bearings when I can, my dad works there in maintenance, sometimes he just grabs them right off the line. Very good quality bearings

I can't say for sure but the one Timkin bearing I got from there was making noise the moment I left the driveway. From what the old farts at work tell me Timkin used to be made here in Columbus but a couple years ago got shipped to China.

Although to be fair, I went through several bearings before I got a torque wrench and checked to make sure I was torquing them correctly.

Timkin may be made in china, but Timken is still headquartered in the USA. The Timken brand is heavily counterfeited unfortunately.

Timken used to have a huge plant in Bucyrus and there main office is still in Akron area I think.

The main office is in Canton.

Timken bearings are still built in my home town. Bucyrus. Although the distribution center got shut down the plant is still there. I only use Timken bearings when I can, my dad works there in maintenance, sometimes he just grabs them right off the line. Very good quality bearings

I work there, i'm part of the service group. If you have any questions, let me know.

Some numbers might be, the next may be something else entirely - that's why it's in a "Duralast" box.

Welcome to the wonderful retail world of "spreadhseet buying". If you aren't the lowest guy on the spreadsheet, then the lowest guy goes in the box.

Recently, I bought some Timkens for my Z. They said made in Japan. They looked good.

I have seen them too when rebuilding the dana 30 on the Bronco. My uncle said they are fine as long as they are not made in China. Japan > China. He put a mix of Japan, U.S. and ONE China made bearing in his tractors and front end loader which see a lot of constant abuse.. Guess what faild after 15 hours? You should be fine.