Valve cover gaskets for an 00 impala

Sparky

What engine? A 3.4 and a 3.8 are a pretty different. If its a 3.4 just make sure its the valve cover gaskets and not the lower intake (honestly I do mostly lower intakes which include valve covers, about 6 hours). If 3.8 plan on getting the little plastic coolant tubes under the alternator bracket (usually break), and about 2.5 hours is book time (I think). Either way if we could work out some time I'd do them for you. Sorry I'm not much help in recommending a shop, I know techs at the Northend Wrench and Boyd's Goodyear on Schrock that would be decent on the north side of town. I work at a Dave Gill on the east side if you want a fair deal at a dealership. PM me if I can answer any more specific questions.

What engine? A 3.4 and a 3.8 are a pretty different. If its a 3.4 just make sure its the valve cover gaskets and not the lower intake (honestly I do mostly lower intakes which include valve covers, about 6 hours). If 3.8 plan on getting the little plastic coolant tubes under the alternator bracket (usually break), and about 2.5 hours is book time (I think). Either way if we could work out some time I'd do them for you. Sorry I'm not much help in recommending a shop, I know techs at the Northend Wrench and Boyd's Goodyear on Schrock that would be decent on the north side of town. I work at a Dave Gill on the east side if you want a fair deal at a dealership. PM me if I can answer any more specific questions.

I have a couple of those elbows left for the 3800..and few other minor parts.

I know at times these elbows go out of stock.

It's a 3.8, I have the gaskets already. I also need the plugs done and have them. How much time should the job take?

Takes a couple hours without air tools, goes much faster at work. Plugs would add a little, and hope your plug wires aren't brittle.

Kinda late to the party but I'm pretty decent with a 3800 motor. Just the valve cover gaskets? You should have gotten the recall notice for the front valve cover leaking causing an engine fire. You can get that done for free at the dealership.

If you want me to do it I'd probably charge $80 or $100 or so. Like Cordy said.. if the plug wires are original you'd probably want to replace those as well.

Kinda late to the party but I'm pretty decent with a 3800 motor. Just the valve cover gaskets? You should have gotten the recall notice for the front valve cover leaking causing an engine fire. You can get that done for free at the dealership.

If you want me to do it I'd probably charge $80 or $100 or so. Like Cordy said.. if the plug wires are original you'd probably want to replace those as well.

I did actually take it in to get the engine fire hazard recall done. Is that what it is? The valve cover? On the receipt they gave me it said spark plug retainers or something.

I did actually take it in to get the engine fire hazard recall done. Is that what it is? The valve cover? On the receipt they gave me it said spark plug retainers or something.

Most of them are just spark plug wire retainers. Some of the supercharged cars had a revised recall that included the front valve cover, but I've only done a handfull of those.

If it was my car and i didnt do my own work I wouldnt hessitate to have the work done by cordell after speaking to him in depth about a few various automotive topics when I bought some stuff from him. And dont be the duesche who doesn't want to buy spark plug wires because those people make mechanics want to commit murder, just buy them up front with new plugs.

• 2 weeks later...