Thinking about getting a Dodge Charger?

PGH STEELERS

Please give me your opinion? I have always purchased GM cars, Pontiac's to be specific but since they are out if business I need to think outside the box. The Dodge Charger has been calling my name but I'm not sure. The other car I have been thinking about is the Buick Regal Turbo, but I believe it's only a 4 cylinder car and I would prefer an 8 cylinder. Let me know what you think.

I always enjoyed my Dads v6 one. I have always said if I were to ever get a big 4 door an SRT8 would be it. I like the Chrysler version a tad more though.

Always was comfortable and I actually liked how simple the dash and components were, minus the little 3rd cruise stalk... annoying

Tint the windows solid black and get some heavy 24" chrome wheels and you'll fit in just fine with the Charger crowd.

That's a 50/50 shot. I have seen some ugly chargers with big chrome rims. But those are mainly the v6 models.

If you get a 5.7 charger, you'll want more.

If you get a 6.1 charger you'll love it.

I almost bought one due to the inside room. But I didn't want to deal with traction issues.

Check out central Ohio LX club Facebook and ask any questions.

The Camaro and Challanger are in a completely different niche in my opinion (coupes). The Charger is great. My Mom has a 2011 R/T Max AWD. She had an R/T Road &Track for a week and with the 3 season tires it was undriveable in the Cleveland snow. The AWD with all season tires was a blast to drive in the snow though. The backseat is comfortable for me to take long rides in (3hrs) and I am 6'2" 225lbs. There are tons of nice little conveniences too. Her cup holders have a button that will either heat or cool the cup that is in it. I honestly would want the 6.1L but, she is happy with her 5.7L.

Your thoughts on a challenger???

I'm really starting to like them, but I need to stay with a four door. If I wanted a two door, I would be all over the Camero, cause its GM. If I had a lot of money, I would be looking at the CTS-V.

Dad had a 2006 charger with the 5.7, and it was fun for a big car. When the 5.7 motor was only rated for 345hp his made 300 whp on a dyno with just intake and exhaust, though I think the new ones make 370 or so. He also put 110k miles on his with no issues, basically just oil changes and spark plugs at 70k or so (there's 16 of them). His gave him 20ish mpg.