Short throw shifter

Koni shocks

Eibach springs

17 inch g racing rims

Holley Blue pump

Mallory Promaster Coil

Msd 8.8 wires

Edited by Oneslow7

Yeah the hood is bad, but I should have that fixed soon. As for the rear end as soon as I find one it will be going in. First on the list is the fuel system and the cooling system. Both are worse than the hood!

Yeah, I think a project it is. I have pulled at least 100 feet of wire out of the car between stereo wire and wire that should never be in a car. The way this car was wired I am supprised it didn't burn to the ground. I have one half of the engine bay done, and all the SPRAY FOAM out of the engine bay. Now on to the fuel system and the rest of the electrical system.

appn88 I saw you there today.

Edited by Oneslow7

Still gonna be slow

hows yours runnin chris??

anywho, what have they done with the fuel system? is it factory up until a regulator for the carb or something? fwiw, I would go bigger on the carb, that 327 can pull more than 450 cfm. I would prolly go with a 750 with vacuum secondaries, that way it doesn't use more than it needs.

also what's up with the cooling system? I'm just curious how they have it set up. you can get a nice aluminum radiator from grannys speed shop, but its not cheap. I wanna say the 550 range iirc, but you get the radiator hoses and cooling fans too.

Edited by Green Bastard

Fuel- the feed line was t'd into the return line, ballcock valve used to regulate fuel pressure even though he had a regulator, Stock system sucks.

Carb- I was repeating what I was told, I have yet to run the numbers to verify what it is. I have a couple of carbs in the waiting if need be.

Cooling- Spray foam all around the radiator, A cheap ass fan with no shroud behind Granny's radiator, poor wiring and the lack of a relay and temp switch. I have a 16' waiting to go in. The fan that was on the radiator had to be the cheapest fan I have ever seen put on a car.

Other than that the wiring for the coil or anything else under the hood was horrible. I'm sure I will find more as I come upon it.

I doubt it makes it out this weekend after all of this needing to be completed and waiting on a part that won't be here till tomorrow. I will shoot for next weekend.

Patti- I am just gonna clean up the edges for now and cover them in a rubber trim, as the money has been allocated to other more important problems.

I would go bigger on the carb, that 327 can pull more than 450 cfm. I would prolly go with a 750 with vacuum secondaries, that way it doesn't use more than it needs.

It's a very commonly held belief that all SBCs automatically need a 750+CFM carb. That's WAY too big for an engine this size with a mild cam. Vacuum secondaries will only bandaid the fact that it's too big and the secondaries likely will never open until a very high RPM (if at all) and it will be harder to tune.

You're better off to be a little on the small side with a carbed street car than to be oversized. I'd go no larger than a 600 but probably wouldn't even bother changing it unless you make other changes requiring more RPM (larger cam, better heads, etc.)

Well the fuel system is all done, Its -8 from tank to carb and back. Now its to the fun part Wiring up the car ie: ignition, starter, fans, fuel pump, heater, relays, and switches. The stock wiring is to hacked and so far gone it was easier to buy a painless 7 position harness/ fuse box. The hood Has been cleaned up and is ready to be painted later this week. Pictures of all the work will be posted up Wednesday, Hemidrftr426 has all the pics on his phone. If I can keep on it the car should be out very soon.

I just cleaned it up, the edges look like he chewed the hole in the hood. I got the old grinder out and ground down the edges so the are smooth and straight (some what). I will DA the entire hood later this week and paint it flat black. For now it will keep the butterfly scoop. I will eventually put a TII hood on the car with a regular 14" air cleaner that won't be visible.