iDevice people: New jailbreak is out!

justinwebb

I've been to nervous to jail break my 4s.....

I jail broke my Ipod touch a long time ago and had a ton of issues.. You couldnt turn it off or it would have to all be reset. (so if it died, you were screwed until you hooked it to your computer)

Are jail breaks now the same way? Tethered or untethered was the word I was thinking of..

I've been to nervous to jail break my 4s.....

I jail broke my Ipod touch a long time ago and had a ton of issues.. You couldnt turn it off or it would have to all be reset. (so if it died, you were screwed until you hooked it to your computer)

Are jail breaks now the same way? Tethered or untethered was the word I was thinking of..

this one is untethered and works great, just dont expect cydia to load anything like tweaks and such as 11ty million people seem to be loading theirs right now

Worked flawlessly to Jailbreak for me. Had to add another source to cydia this morning to gain availability of some packages.

For the most part cydia is still down for me.

Anybody have some favorite repositories?

So this is the untethered jailbreak for i0S 5.1.1? And works on iPhone 4? I had my 4 jailbroken on 5.0, or a couple releases ago. I knew the tethered was out, but I was waiting for the untethered to come out.

Yep works for the iPhone 4 just download the newest update of absinthe 2.0.2 I think as apple released a new update for certain iPhone 4 phones that killed the jailbreak but it was fixed last night.

Some repos that I use are

Cydia.hackulo.us -you can install installous and get free apps

Cydia.xsellize.com - has many cracked paid Cydia apps in it

I just updates my iP4 using Absinthe 2.0.4. Worked well enough, I did lose my camera roll. Not a big deal. I'll do the GF's iP4S later, but I'll back up her camera roll.

I cant get Cydia to install Installious 5. :(

I just updates my iP4 using Absinthe 2.0.4. Worked well enough, I did lose my camera roll. Not a big deal. I'll do the GF's iP4S later, but I'll back up her camera roll.

I cant get Cydia to install Installious 5. :(

the hackulous people just released it yesterday, so the server is been getting slammed

Delete the Hackulous repo

Add this repo:

http://www.jk9357.xxx/installous5/

install installous

delete the above repo

add hackulous repo back

did that yesterday worked like a charm ;)

the hackulous people just released it yesterday, so the server is been getting slammed

Delete the Hackulous repo

Add this repo:

http://www.jk9357.xxx/installous5/

install installous

delete the above repo

add hackulous repo back

did that yesterday worked like a charm ;)

That did the trick! And the GF's iP4S ib JB'ed and didn't lose the camera roll, so bonus.