Thinking about going to look at this

KennyFKINPowerz

If you like the car, but if you plan on racing it the thing is heavy and will not be nearly as fast as a 4th gen with the same power.

I am kinda torn on that. I deffinitly plan on racing so weight was something I was a little worried about. I like the 5th gens but I like the 4th gens a little better. I guess I was just thinking about financing. I figured it would be easier for me to finance this because of the year and mileage versus 10 -15k for a 2002. Heck the perfect world would be for me to find a solid 4th gen for under 10k at some lot somewhere and I could finance that and then spend 4 or 5k in mods. Thats what I would really prefer doing.

You can find loans for any car. Do some research, usually about the same as newer used car loans.

When I was thinking about an older 911, I did some research and found 2 or 3 places that had <5% interest on a pre 1990 car, so a 2002 should be easy.

$28-31k for a 2010? You can get a brand new base 1SS 2012 for around the same. Probably less for a 2011 if you can find a new one on the lot somewhere. Toss in incentived and I'd bet you could drive a new one for less than those above.

My wife and I were just looking into buying one but decided with 2 small kids, it just wouldn't work.

1SS

MSRP¹: Starting at

$32,280

6.2L 426-hp V8 engine

20" Bright Silver-painted aluminum wheels(7)

Four-piston Brembo® vented disc brakes

OnStar® Directions & Connections® Plan for the first six months, including Turn-by-Turn Navigation(2)

Bluetooth® wireless technology for select phones(3)

SS-specific front and rear fascias and seat embroidery

Limited slip rear differential

I decided against it after everyone advice and input. I think I am just gonna wait until I find a nice 4th gen that I like. Thanks for the input everyone.

The reason I was worried about financing is that everytime I have purchased an older vehicle or a higher mileage vehicle, I have taken a hit on my interest rate. It seems like the newer the vehicle and lower miles, then the finance companies get more generous with their rates. I know that probably because they are making more on a more expensive vehicle but I guess it is what it is.

Buying my car from Carmax was actually a decent process, however their service sucks bad because they are incompetent. So their 30 day guarantee or extended service agreement is a joke.

The weight of the 5th gen was a concern to me from the get go and I didnt really like the price that much either. I was just looking for a newer platform to start with, than what I have in the past.

I am gonna keep my Passat as my daily no matter what I end up with. The new car is just gonna be a toy.

Would say you need to go with the Camaro.. Lots of options from a modification perspective (Just not this one.)

http://thumb17.webshots.net/t/90/90/8/51/93/2278851930100960617xOfiFG_th.jpg

OK - Just wanted to post up this photo of this monsterous Camaro limo I shot the other day.. I like the corvette option the most (C5).

Edited by Second Gen
More stuffs