Help me brolos need a gayrosh

Miller

I need to swap my longtubes on for a pending battle against Nate. I need a garage and jackstands (or a lift) for about 2 hours. I wouldn't mind a hand either and can compensate too. Can anyone help me out this Sunday or Saturday the 16th? My condo association won't let me tackle such an endeavor in the parking lot.

You're welcome to use the hangout, but I'm not a very good mechanic's helper. I have a good jack and jackstands.

Doc I would like to take you up on that as I have not seen your facility before. I don't need help just wouldn't mind it.

I'm must conceed to our race. My ethos don't let me race the unemployed ehhhhhh ehhhhhh ehhhhhhh...no srsly...I'll be at Ft. Gordon until the 23rd.

Nate, that just gives me more time and you can "get some" when you get back :fa:

EDIT: SOON TO BE UNEMPLOYED DICK

You aren't serious?

Dead serious, for example my 92 I needed a new steering shaft and a hoist to get my MACs in. The rag joint on the steering shaft to the rack gets in the way so the rack has to come loose and the engine will have to go up to get the tubes in.

Dead serious, for example my 92 I needed a new steering shaft and a hoist to get my MACs in. The rag joint on the steering shaft to the rack gets in the way so the rack has to come loose and the engine will have to go up to get the tubes in.

Fuck me sideways. I guess I am renting a lift again.

Make sure you thoroughly research the process before you start. I put LTs on my goat and I had to loosen the steering rack and disconnect the linkage. It took me a while sort out issues with the rack being loose and steering wheel alignment. I had to replace the nut on the steering linkage because it was one of those 1-time use locking nuts. Up top it was a matter of carefully unfastening and moving specific parts out of the way...including supporting the engine and loosening the mounts so I could shove it one way or the other for each side. The LTs came with instructions but there were lots of gaps. It's like a 3-D jigsaw puzzle. In the end...the effort was worth it. Ran sweet and sound was wicked. I assume you are going to get a tune? BTW, I was working by myself and it was before I put a lift in and it took me about 4.5 hours. You gotta be patient, keep track of what you change and be prepared for lots of frustration. What tubes did you get? If They are coated you really need to take your time to keep from chipping them. Hey, I'm right up the road from you..about 10 miles north of New Albany. I haven't firmed up my weekend plans yet but PM me and maybe we can work out a time. I have a lift, hoist, air tools, etc.

Thanks for the additional posts guys. I got an appointment scheduled @ a shop and I'll have full use of the equipment there. I'll post results when I am done, I've never had long tubes before.

I think it took ~4 hours when I put long tubes on my 93. BBK's. We un-bolted the steering shaft and had to grind on the bell housing, so it took a little longer. I had a steel aftermarket bellhousing, so the grinding was needed. Took longer than I thought that it would. That was also with two guys that had done long tubes a few times on fox bodies.