Off To Hawaii For 10 Days...

Wease

So far I've done Hanauma Bay (saw a white tip reef shark and about 5 sea turtles snorkeling!), Lanikai Beach (just south of where my friend lives, crazy soft sand!) Waimea Bay (cool to see, but wrong time of year for big waves) the lava tube lookout (got some great pics), and Turtle Beach (saw three sunning themselves and a seal!). Having a great time, got to my beach house yesterday on Sunset Beach:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/181152_4145194877753_745149024_n.jpg

So far I've done Hanauma Bay (saw a white tip reef shark and about 5 sea turtles snorkeling!), Lanikai Beach (just south of where my friend lives, crazy soft sand!) Waimea Bay (cool to see, but wrong time of year for big waves) the lava tube lookout (got some great pics), and Turtle Beach (saw three sunning themselves and a seal!). Having a great time, got to my beach house yesterday on Sunset Beach:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/181152_4145194877753_745149024_n.jpg

WTF.... If I was in Hawaii for 10 days posting on CR would be the last thing I would be doing lol

GTFO! Have fun I am jelly.

You should go catch a sunrise on the beach below Diamond Head. Shit is over the top. A few buddies use to throw sunrise parties there.

^^ this. wife and I passed out on that beach and woke up to some pretty fun memories.

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg378/pdqgp/diamondhead.jpg

good picture from Sand Island/Ala Moana. I will be willing to bet you folks were getting sand out from all sort of places the next day.

Another place to catch a great sunrise is ontop of the Hawaiian Brian's parking lot. You can see the whole half of the island. Their use to be an after hours club nearby that would close about 6am-7am ish. I would deliberately park on top there just to have my mind blown from the view and realization it was the morning.

If you have any questions, just shoot me a pm. I know the place inside and out.

good picture from Sand Island/Ala Moana. I will be willing to bet you folks were getting sand out from all sort of places the next day.

It was a good time for sure. We like Ala Moana. More locals and less tourists it seems.

Your right. Their is a good mix of people at that mall and now there are some really good clubs/bars/restaurants.

I'd love to pick up a nice vacation home or condo at some point but for us, we like to sublet and rent to people we know and costs getting there are what seem to hinder interest for many. We have great success with our places in Florida and Virgina beach and even we can afford to drive to both with the kids several times per year. We'll go back to the Islands in a two years when my daughter is a bit older.

I think the state is cracking down on vacation homes that are rented out and the airline tickets prices are retarded. If you are looking for a vacation home there, expect to spend 400-700k. Condo's can fluctuate between 100k-300k. You can find some nice condo units outside China town and near Ala Moana in the older buildings that have great views, pools, tennis courts, etc.

As much as I love Hawaii, I don't blame you for heading down to the Florida/Virginia beach area. You save a ton of money and with the saving you get to do what ever you can think of.

I'm still up in the air as to what will happen with the housing market in Hawaii. Oahu pulled MI homes and built thousands of homes. Either the market will drop due to a glut of unsold homes or the developers will run out of room to build and the prices will sky rocket.