anyone ever installed vinyl floor (sheets)?

evan9381

found this video, and it doesn't look too difficult, but then again, im not a pro like these guys

it looks like the biggest thing i'd have to worry about is getting the seam right, but where it would be, if there was a small flaw, it'd be under my couch and not seen.

i've got a 13'x23' room so i'd be able to do it and only have one seam.

it'd be going in a basement, and looks quite close to what "wood" laminate does, at a lesser price, and what appears to be a much easier and quicker process to install. also, i've got 2 cats, one that has decided to start pissing on the carpet i have down here. i cut out one of two sections he was doing it and he stopped on that one, so im hoping if i do this, if he does it again, it'll be easier to clean up and then get rid of him. if he stops, it'll look better than the shitty carpet that was in the house when i bought it. ive always hated it, this just sped up my decision to replace the floor

it'd be going in a basement, and looks quite close to what "wood" laminate does, at a lesser price, and what appears to be a much easier and quicker process to install. also, i've got 2 cats, one that has decided to start pissing on the carpet i have down here. i cut out one of two sections he was doing it and he stopped on that one, so im hoping if i do this, if he does it again, it'll be easier to clean up and then get rid of him. if he stops, it'll look better than the shitty carpet that was in the house when i bought it. ive always hated it, this just sped up my decision to replace the floor

Makes sense, I personally would avoid vinyl wherever possible but I understand certain situations and such which make that not a wise choice.

Cat piss is terrible to get out of carpet so I hear.

pets are always part of the family. you wouldnt consider getting rid of one of your boys if they didnt stop peeing the bed at night, right? lol

If kid pee destroyed shit like cat pee I would ditch the kids.

At least get the Armstrong planks. They are insanely easy and fast to put down (I did each of our full baths in under 45 min each). http://www.armstrong.com/flooring/luxury-vinyl.html

It's actually high quality stuff. It's thick and it looks close to real ( the tile looks 100% real)