WTB cheap hand gun

2loNslo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap+carry=no bueno

Get something reliable. If you have to spend some coin to do that, it's worth it, trust me.

I'll 2nd this again. Cheap isn't a word I ever use when purchasing a firearm. It's worth all the King's gold if it saves my life or someone else's.

Upwards of $400 will get you into something nice and "cheap".

You can probably score a nice M&P/Glock/XD for that amount of coin.

Vance's has a good price on the Kel-Tec PF9. It wouldn't be my first choice and they're a bit clunky but not bad. You could be out the door under $300 with tax.

They also have the Kahr CW9 for under $400 (my preference in the under $400 category).

http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/flyer/flyer.pdf

Something on the "cheap" side I would actually carry would be anything from Keltec/Kahr.

If you wanted something "cheap" to just use at the range, I would suggest Hi-Point, despite what everyone will say about them.

If you wanted something "cheap" to just use at the range, I would suggest Hi-Point, despite what everyone will say about them.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lck6ecRfsT1qzez5w.gif

Please, for the love of all things good and holy, do NOT carry an HP.

Look at the XD, Glocks, Ruger SR9/40c, and M&P. You can get on, as others mentioned, for a great price used...and none of those will fail you. You could also look into a revolver. .38 specials are no slouch and any solid manufacturer makes extremely reliable revolvers. Look for a used Taurus .38spl.

What i ment by cheap was price was not in quality. In case i did have to fire upon someone the cops would take it anyways. I dont want to be out 1k give or take.

if it is a lawful use of your handgun, you will get it back. and its really hard to get cheap quality.

What i ment by cheap was price was not in quality. In case i did have to fire upon someone the cops would take it anyways. I dont want to be out 1k give or take.

M&P, XD, Glocks are all around 500 dollars give or take. I really like my M&P shield, but they are back ordered to hell and back due to the popularity. Vances has XD9 and XD40 subcompact for 399.99. Those would be nice reliable and cheap carry guns.

I do have a H&K USP40 compact with 4 12rd magazines that I am willing to let go for $650.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lck6ecRfsT1qzez5w.gif

Please, for the love of all things good and holy, do NOT carry an HP.

Look at the XD, Glocks, Ruger SR9/40c, and M&P. You can get on, as others mentioned, for a great price used...and none of those will fail you. You could also look into a revolver. .38 specials are no slouch and any solid manufacturer makes extremely reliable revolvers. Look for a used Taurus .38spl.

Hence why I said, cheap to use at the range. Cheap to carry I said Keltec/Kahr.

I don't carry it, but I absolutely love the Makarov I bought here on CR. Would recommend it to anyone looking for something inexpensive, and 9x18Mak isn't that crazy expensive.

That reminds me, I have a 99% condition P64 I might part with a couple hundred. Not my first carry choice but it has been a neat little gun. My wife used to carry it alot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-64_(pistol)

Hi point 9mm.

People rag on them but I've never had a single issues with mine. No Jams and it's quite accurate (Tested by my father during his prime on the force)

they can be had for sub 200$

My buddy has a almost brand new s&w 10mm with two clips and a case. He wants 500 and this is a very reliable piece that is a bit large but still very carriable and 10mm means serious business with some loads approaching the .41 magnum it will put even the baddest fucker on pcp without trouble.

I do have a H&K USP40 compact with 4 12rd magazines that I am willing to let go for $650.

+1 best pistol ever IMHO. I have bought and sold a lot of guns and this was one of the first I bought. I wouldnt dream of selling. Bought it while in the Marines to use as my personal carry. Sharp, clean and accurate.