4G63 Mustang

Rally Pat

Not a bad plan from the guy to grab a cheap 4 cylinder mustang and swap in a reliable platform. I was hoping to see a 3rz with a R154.

Or not. SO many cheaper, easier, proven, more reliable ways to make more power than a 4G63 ever could. The transplant options are endless.

Guy is just being different for the sake of being different. Meh.

Nothing wrong with being different.

In the 80s while still in highschool I did a swap into a 79 Foxbody fourbanger beater (2.3): Swapped in a Windsor V8 (351) from a 1965 Galaxy 500. Police C6 tranny. All done with hand tools, rental lift from UHaul, and alot of time spent under a swingset (you laugh but swingsets built in the 60s were tough sumbitchs, and yes I hung my engine from it) and several hours with a sledgehammer banging out the tranny well to fit that C6 in...

Left the 2.8 badging on the side. Ultimate sleeper.

lol that thing was so insane and I knew very little about putting together a "whole package". Dang thing had the 4banger's rear end in it (til it grenaded, lol but I had a 9" on deck ) and the original brakes (Which were about the size of teacups up front and DRUMS (yep) in the rear) and zero body stiffening. Damn thing would literally twist the front of the car when you goosed the throttle. Highschool kids are so stupid (we were blissfully ignorant of so much before the interwebz).

...then came college and a sale for beer money.

good memories

(But as to the OT - my beater would have eaten that for lunch (after the 9" went in) - couldn't stop, turn or have any safety in a crash whatsoever, but who cares? It cost me <$1000 and you play EBN OZN in the tape deck, its all good)

Interesting. What did your beater run in the 1320? This 4G swapped Mustang ran low 9s. How do you not think that a 4G63 is cheap, easy to swap, proven, or reliable? I highly suggest that you do some more research on this platform before making those claims.

Yeeahh... I owned a 99 GSX and modded it up while I lived in Philly (sold it to a former member here too when I moved to Ohio in 01) - I consider myself aware of what it takes to build up a 4G. And having owned that beater '79, a 93 GT turd and an 03 Cobra (before I began pumping out kids) I'm also familiar the Fords. how many FoMoCo blocks you built up?

So yeah, I'm gonna stick with "easier ways to make that car FASTER CHEAPER with FoMoCo parts".

(Not saying my backyard swingset built mullet mobile from 30 years ago went faster, but I sure as fuck know a metric asston of Ford blocks that do seeing as unblown they're dipping into the 8s and puffed they're looking at 6s, yeah.)

Dude's just being different. That's fine.

Yeeahh... I owned a 99 GSX and modded it up while I lived in Philly (sold it to a former member here too when I moved to Ohio in 01) - I consider myself aware of what it takes to build up a 4G. And having owned that beater '79, a 93 GT turd and an 03 Cobra (before I began pumping out kids) I'm also familiar the Fords. how many FoMoCo blocks you built up?

So yeah, I'm gonna stick with "easier ways to make that car FASTER CHEAPER with FoMoCo parts".

(Not saying my backyard swingset built mullet mobile from 30 years ago went faster, but I sure as fuck know a metric asston of Ford blocks that do seeing as unblown they're dipping into the 8s and puffed they're looking at 6s, yeah.)

Dude's just being different. That's fine.

FANGS BRO, FANGS