My new car

blue98ls1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was raised on Fords, all my life.

When I was born, I was brought home in my dad's 1971 Boss 302 where my mom had a matching one in the driveway. My driver's license was received in an '88 LX 5.0L and to this day my dad still owns an '85 1/2 Comp Prep SVO and a '94 Cobra.

I went the GM path because I liked the F-Body better when I went into the Navy and trust me, I'm still a GM guy. But Ford has released a nice looking car with a great drivetrain to match.

I'm happy all the way around.

I've seen him drive a stick, probably better than you than lil fella.

Uh...

"Vroooooooooooooommmmmmmmm..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Shift........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Vrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Rinse and repeat.

-Marc

Congrats! Go ahead and order the BOSS intake and goodies... ;)

Congrat's on the car you gonna love this machine.

They have raised the price of the BOSS intake 200 plus dollars now that FOrd slapped a parts number on it. I think you can still find them at AM and CJ for 400 anywhere else and your looking at 600 bones. TO make a little more power on the very top end of the rpm range and be able to rev a little bit further then the stock intake..

keep the warranty. its a brand new car. minimal mods. nothing worse than modding a brand new car and kissing your warranty goodbye. these cars are fairly fast without losing the warranty.

drive the piss out of the car stock---sleep well at night knowing ford will be there for you if anything breaks.

congrats

This. I've read ford is being real sticklers about mods and "abuse". Warranties voided for a CAI/cat back or for rubber in the wheel well from a burnout at the drag strip.

Also Ant, those wheels you linked to are fugly. Dig the new ride tho :thumbup:

Warranties voided for a CAI/cat back

Wouldn't they have to prove an intake or exhaust is what caused the problem? Mazda has tried that on many occasions with the MS3's and ended up covering them. Even in my case they said they were "going to void my warranty" but then took that statement back once the regional service guy was called and a complaint filed.

Very Nice...

Good choice going with red, one of my favorite colors. I like it with the black wheels. I would just lower it a little and drive it, it'll look sweet with an aggressive stance.

Way to jump over to Ford Club...:)

Wouldn't they have to prove an intake or exhaust is what caused the problem? Mazda has tried that on many occasions with the MS3's and ended up covering them. Even in my case they said they were "going to void my warranty" but then took that statement back once the regional service guy was called and a complaint filed.

Pretty much once the ecu is tuned warranty is done......Now if you find a mod friendly service advisor and can keep the Ford engineers out of it you would probably be fine but trust me, the engineers can tell if the pcm has been flashed whether you put it back to stock or not...

Congrats on the new car btw!!

It will be Very, Very slow ;)

while i love my V, it doesn't take much at all for a 5.0 to roll out on a cts-v. not only that, but prepare to subtract about 10mpg from what you're gto gets. not a problem for me, but those who have to drive long distances will fill the 'baby' gas tank a couple times a week. V's are incredible though--best overall car i've driven. assuming that's what you're talking about