Q's about adoption

Green Bastard

I was just asking about the lawyers because the mother of the child could walk away from the deal until the hospital stay is over. I almost got burned on this once, I don't want to throw money away. I plan fully on my living situation changing before the child arrives. I'm looking at this as we can raise this child much better than the mother. that's the reason she came to us. we are in a far better position than she is. I understand what people are thinking. in reality though, nobody (that has an opinion here) has any clue what my true situation is.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the state of Ohio the mother has 48 hours i believe to change her mind.

however, the caveat is nothing is guaranteed.

I have read when thinking about adoption that there are only a few states in the country that value the adoptive parents rights over the paternals, and I know one is florida and will hold true to the termination of parental rights.

Private adoptions like to go through the court system in florida because of this. (this was as of a few years ago, i haven't researched this recently)

There are too many stories of people who have gone through the normal avenues (including lawyers) who have still gotten screwed, to even remotely think you can/should do this without lawyers.

I would get a legal contract with the mother of the child stating that she has to give up the child upon birth to you (or something along those lines). If you don't have a contract done by lawyers, I doubt anything would help you. It might cost you a few bucks in the beginning. I have NO idea how that would work or adopting in general. Just putting my .02 in.

If you are in a better position to raise the child rather than the mom.. go for it. Fuck the haters.

I would get a legal contract with the mother of the child stating that she has to give up the child upon birth to you (or something along those lines). If you don't have a contract done by lawyers, I doubt anything would help you. It might cost you a few bucks in the beginning. I have NO idea how that would work or adopting in general. Just putting my .02 in.

If you are in a better position to raise the child rather than the mom.. go for it. Fuck the haters.

It's more than likely that any contract could be overcome by a competent attorney for the mother. Everyone likes to complain about the observations made in this thread, but this situation, as presented by the OP, does not really seem to be a good decision.

Not trying to shit on your thread but the more I look at your posts it seems like you have no clue what your doing and have not fully planned this all out. If you had, then you probably would not even be asking these questions on here. This sounds like some kind of back alley deal where all you guys have done so far is brought up a "good idea" and are trying to run with it. I will tell you that adoption is a long, expensive and complicated process. I know of people who have spent close to 100k in their adoption process. As a father of 5,m I strongly urge you to PLAN PLAN PLAN. If your not already a parent, then you have no idea what you are in for. Being a parent is one of the coolest and most rewarding things in the world, however it will totally consume you and is a HUGE responsibility. Either way I wish you luck but please dont just jump in to something like this. Other people, ie taxpayers should not have to shoulder your burdeon.