Best way to fix plastic slide?

coltboostin

I have to fix a slide going to a pool. It's curved, so a new one is big bucks. There are some cracks int he bottom for FAT fucks trying to go down, and a good size missing form the top (say 18x18)

Could fiberglass be sued to fill that gap? For all slide repairs? Do I have to stick with epoxy?

I was thinking epoxy the stress cracks, and fiberglass the gape. Opinions?

Thanks

sand down the surrounding area, fiberglass it, sand it, bondo it, sand it, paint it. DONE!!

I would reinforce the bottom with fiberglass resin and matting and maybe even some metal if you can attach it properly. Then I would fill in the small cracks in the top with an epoxy plastic welder. Assuming of course the slide is some type of plastic. Then I would sand the epoxy smooth. At that point if the top is finished I would call it done. You could paint it but the paint will just come off from sliding over it. I would not use bondo on any part of it because when you go doe the slide it will flex as you do and the bondo will break away. Now if you have any bondo on the top of the slide imagine what that would feel like. Not good I promise.