Anyone With a 2004-2006 RXP Need an Extra 10-15 HP?

Limitedslip7

Well I just so happen to have a brand new Rotax Racing "Stock Class" aftermarket ECU for sale that will plug right in. Rotax claims +10-15 HP throughout the powerband and the rev limit bumped up to a level still safe for stock valvetrain. Designed to be used with stock injectors and valvetrain. This ECU is $1400 from RR, I've decided to just keep the ski the way it is and dump the money into my Superjet instead. I'm pretty sure this ECU will work on any 2004-2006 215.

Asking $650 OBO...

Came programmed for a 2005. No other mods as of right now, unless you want a free but leaky Riva intercooler...

I will think over the ecu. I haven't been riding my RXP much because I know I am way overdue on needing to address the valves. $1200 just for the valvetrain upgrade is just hard to swallow, especially since if I do that I'm going to want to go back to the big charger and back to the quest for big speeds. I was originally thinking about going to a more aggressive ecu as well. Part of me is enjoying the ski de-tuned but I don't think that's going to last past this year.

I will think over the ecu. I haven't been riding my RXP much because I know I am way overdue on needing to address the valves. $1200 just for the valvetrain upgrade is just hard to swallow, especially since if I do that I'm going to want to go back to the big charger and back to the quest for big speeds. I was originally thinking about going to a more aggressive ecu as well. Part of me is enjoying the ski de-tuned but I don't think that's going to last past this year.

I know if I could start over I would have gone with a simple xcharger and just raised the rev limit with an ecu or reflash and valve springs, get right around the same speed im at now with the big charger and stock limiter. I feel like it would be less maintenance.

I know if I could start over I would have gone with a simple xcharger and just raised the rev limit with an ecu or reflash and valve springs, get right around the same speed im at now with the big charger and stock limiter. I feel like it would be less maintenance.

That's exactly why I got rid of the big charger. I ride in chop more than anything and it comes unhooked way too much. It got to the point that I cringed every time. Who knows what I will do.

I've read many people are getting good results with shimming the springs if you aren't planning on a major increase in RPMs.

The valvesprings arent my major issue, its the valves themselves. Pre 06 valves are hollow and prone to failing. I just don't see a point in dumbing $600 in a valve job and not doing $550 in springs and retainers while I'm at it.