Who Lives In Westerville?

Wease

And can tell me about the neighborhood off of Huber Village Blvd., over by the Kohl's there? My brother and his wife are looking to move to Columbus and want to rent a small, cheap house before buying something and he had me look at a house (just a drive by) in this area today. It didn't look too bad, better than say the southern part of Westerville, below 270. But not nearly as nice as the northern area.

Anyone live there or tell me if it's a decent place to live for a year? :confused:

It's hit and miss. My buddy had an apartment there for awhile and a lot of it is crap, but there are still some nice streets. The farther away your house is from a cheap apartment complex the better.. but since he's just renting he'll be fine.

Well, that area is in a decline. It is not necessarily bad enough to not buy for the right reasons. It's one of those deals that they would possibly lose money by using it over a short period with chance of the neighborhood being less desirable.

If you don't mind me asking, what price range is he looking in?

Well, that area is in a decline. It is not necessarily bad enough to not buy for the right reasons. It's one of those deals that they would possibly lose money by using it over a short period with chance of the neighborhood being less desirable.

If you don't mind me asking, what price range is he looking in?

For rental, in the $1200 range. When he buys in a year or so, $250K+.

Guest GMoney

I live in the area. The house areas are nice. The brown condos are getting bad. Hell its Westerville they will never let it get too bad. They will pretty much force people out by making their life a living hell. Its probally the cheapest place in Westerville to live so your gonna have some shady people.

Overall get a house that doesn't directly face the dark brown condos and don't get one in the back by 270 cause it's noisy. Oh and the Kroger on State is aweful. Stay north of huber.

I will be moving in the next year or so not because of the neighborhood but just to a place with land and a lake.

I lived in that area last year. It's fine. I wouldn't go leaving the door unlocked or my wallet in the car sort of thing...I had 0 problems when I was there. Hell my car just got broke into last night and I live in new albany now.

eh... Tell him to save some money and buy a house on the very northwest side of Westerville. Great access to the freeways and shopping, within minutes of Fire Dept, Hospital, Elementary school and Westerville rec center. Under 200K.

Anything north of county line Rd. And east of spring Rd. is probably the best. Near north high school.

millstone and millstone creek are west of Spring and also the Overlook is West of Spring and South of County line. Also Twelve Trees is an awesome neighborhood Across from Hoover Reservoir Dam.

Anything north of county line Rd. And east of spring Rd. is probably the best. Near north high school.

sounds about right. I wouldn't want to live in Westerville anywhere south of the small downtown area. North of Countyline Road would be way better. The further south you go the worse it gets.

I lived on Tradewind Dr from 05-08 in a Duplex with my parents while in High School and we never had a problem there. We was looking at the Condos across the street and they have only gotten worse, not so much the ones facing the streets, but the ones on the inside look like some nasty people live there. The wife and I also lived off of Crosswind in the Condo portion of that neighborhood and again we never had a problem but some of the condos really do make the rest of the place look like garbage. The rest of the neighborhood is nice though and pretty well established with mostly older folks. Hope that helps some.