Google Fiber Plans & Pricing

CRed05

F-it pre-registered... Hell 300 dollars and free Internet for 7 years... Sounds good to me! I would even consider the tv package depending on how many tvs I get to run at a time.

IT IS ONLY IN KANSAS CITY....Do you not read?

• 3 months later...
Shit, I'd buy in right now, pay cash, whatever. I live in an area of Franklin county that was developed in the 60s. We only had Adelphia cable available, so most of us went DirecTV. TW has since rolled out digital cable to us, but no available bandwidth for RoadRunner. So I pay roughly $60 a month for a 4G hotspot that I run my home internet on.

I can't wait until this starts reaching other markets and all the other ISPs are shitting themselves worrying about how they're going to stay competitive. I really home Ohio is on their short list of places to go next.

EDIT: in 20 years we're going to look back at this and think the same thing that we now know about long-distance calls...they were just upcharging us to call different area codes because we had no other choice and they could get away with it.

• 4 months later...
What kills me. They have 2 Fiber Hoods lit in KC, out of the 50 they are supposed to light, and already worried about expanding it

If their announcing of intent to expand does nothing more than "encourage" the local cable and wire-line companies to get their shit together and upgrade/expand offerings, then I'd say "Mission accomplished." The sorry state of internet access in this country compared to other "first world" nations should be a cause for embarrassment.

If their announcing of intent to expand does nothing more than "encourage" the local cable and wire-line companies to get their shit together and upgrade/expand offerings, then I'd say "Mission accomplished." The sorry state of internet access in this country compared to other "first world" nations should be a cause for embarrassment.

It's already done just that, thankfully. Within hours of Google officially announcing their expansion to Austin, AT&T said they too are working on a gigabit service in Austin.

Embarrassing is definitely a great word choice though. When interacting with people from Europe it's downright shameful when we discuss how much we all pay for internet.

Them: Oh yeah, my bill is ridiculous. $50 for 75 down/75 up. Getting out of hand.

Me: http://i.imgur.com/PYCe4AY.gif