Ohio man arrested - bringing gun, knives into Westlake showing of 'Dark Knight Rises'

bucd

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

his lawyer said he brought the weapons in for protection, yet he had a loaded gun with 2 extra loaded mags and 4 knives. :dumb:

on top of that he didn't have a ccw.

Yeah....if what he's saying is actually true, my biggest thing is if you feel the need to bring a gun to protect yourself at a movie theater. (even after the Col. shooting), it's best not to go at all. Avoid any place that you don't feel like you are safe in, that's my motto.

-D

Are we seriously going to start charging people for things they might do?

pretty much that is the way things are headed and it may get to a point that if you believe in individual rights you maybe a domestic terrorist.

So beside carrying a weapon concealed without a permit, what exactly did he do wrong here? The answer is: not a damn thing.

All the theaters I've been to don't allow you to carry. CCW or not.

So beside carrying a weapon concealed without a permit, what exactly did he do wrong here? The answer is: not a damn thing.

No, it's the fact that he had a bag full of weapons. That's a little bit more than just carrying a concealed weapon without a permit in a place where you aren't allowed to carry anyway. I would consider this inducing panic.

"He entered the theater a half-hour early and was the only one in there,"

So, how did he induce panic? Who panicked?

two fully loaded magazine clips

So close to getting magazine right and they fucked it up. Besides that, would it be any different if the mags were only semi loaded?

And, finally why was the idiot bringing knives to a gun fight?

Welcome to post-9/11 America

Carrying a gun w/out a permit can land you felony charges.

To add onto it, it's a no gun zone...which is criminal trespass for people who do have a CCW

So are you saying he shouldnt be charged? He brought a loaded weapon into a theater with extra ammo and knives. None of which is allowed in the theater, even with a CCW. Hes obviously in the wrong here and should be charged accordingly.

Don't forget the fact that it took it into a movie theater, where no guns are allowed even if you have your CCW.

So are you saying he shouldnt be charged? He brought a loaded weapon into a theater with extra ammo and knives. None of which is allowed in the theater, even with a CCW. Hes obviously in the wrong here and should be charged accordingly.

+1

Gun ownership goes both ways, idiots on both side of the fence.

LOL at the apologists in this thread.

"OTHER THAN THE GLARINGLY ILLEGAL THING HE DID, what did he do??? NOTHING ILLEGAL."

:lolguy:

I would hope CCW and open carry proponents would be the FIRST to jump down this idiot's throat for abusing his right in an illegal and wholly inappropriate way. It is not difficult to obtain CCW. It is not difficult to open carry. He made it difficult for himself, and no one else --not the gub'mint, not the movie theater, no one-- is to blame.

All the theaters I've been to don't allow you to carry. CCW or not.

I go to Rave in Grove City quite frequently and I have yet to see a sign prohibiting the CCW. Gov't buildings, schools, hospitals, etc. are a given, but movie theaters? :dumb:

No, it's the fact that he had a bag full of weapons. That's a little bit more than just carrying a concealed weapon without a permit in a place where you aren't allowed to carry anyway. I would consider this inducing panic.

There is no law that I am aware of that states how many weapons you can carry.

So close to getting magazine right and they fucked it up. Besides that, would it be any different if the mags were only semi loaded?

I automatically throw their credibility out the window when I read things like that.

Carrying a gun w/out a permit can land you felony charges.

Not denying that, however, the article clearly is not focused on that aspect of it.

To add onto it, it's a no gun zone...which is criminal trespass for people who do have a CCW

I have skimmed the article twice now and cannot seem to find where it states that theater was a CCW-free zone? And it's only a criminal trespass if you refuse to leave. It sounds like he offered that and was denied the opportunity.

Charged for CCW w/o a permit? I'm torn between my love for constitutional carry and being a law-abiding citizen despite the fact that I feel they are stupid laws. Technically, yes, he should be charged. Morally? Meh...

Charged for breaking some imaginary emotion-driven law that states you can't bring a CCW(s) to a showing of 'The Dark Knight Rises' 20 days s/p shooting massacre? Absolutely not.

And again, I found no where in the article that it claims the theater prohibited CCW. Unless you folks have some insider info on the region; the article does not state it as such.

The problem I have here is that the article not focusing on the laws he did break but is focusing on the fact that 'OMG!!! HE BROUGHT A GUN TO A MOVIE THEATER AND WAS GOING TO SEE THE DARK KNIGHT RISES AND HE SHOWED UP 30 MINUTES EARLY AND HE HAD KNIVES ON HIM AND OTHER SCARY STUFF AND WAS GOING TO KILL ALL OF US WHO WEREN'T EVEN IN THE THEATER YET!!!!1! :dumb: Again, besides carrying w/o a CCW (which I do not find to be much of an offense) and besides the questionable CCW zone, what did the guy do wrong here? Were his actions a bit suspect? maybe. Were they illegal? Technically. But were they really wrong? I'm inclined to say no.

I'm also curious as to how many knives are too many? Is there a limit that I am unaware of?

I would hope CCW and open carry proponents would be the FIRST to jump down this idiot's throat for abusing his right in an illegal and wholly inappropriate way. It is not difficult to obtain CCW. It is not difficult to open carry. He made it difficult for himself, and no one else --not the gub'mint, not the movie theater, no one-- is to blame.

The article is clearly not focused on the fact that he didn't have a permit, though. I am inclined to believe that it would not have made a bit of difference in this case. If he had one, do you think this article would still have been written? I'm willing to bet it would have.