male oral contraceptive - coming soon

copperhead

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/08/16/researchers-develop-prototype-for-male-birth-control-pill/?intcmp=features

If all goes well then in a couple years males will have equal protection against unwanted pregnancy, without the permanence of getting snipped. And it was derived from a possible cancer treatment, so even more good news.

The Revolutionary New Birth Control Method for Men

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/04/ff_vasectomy/all/1

The procedure is known by the clunky acronym RISUG (for reversible inhibition of sperm under guidance), but it is in fact quite elegant: The substance that Das injected was a nontoxic polymer that forms a coating on the inside of the vas. As sperm flow past, they are chemically incapacitated, rendering them unable to fertilize an egg.

If the research pans out, RISUG would represent the biggest advance in male birth control since a clever Polish entrepreneur dipped a phallic mold into liquid rubber and invented the modern condom. “It holds tremendous promise,” says Ronald Weiss, a leading Canadian vasectomy surgeon and a member of a World Health Organization team that visited India to look into RISUG. “If we can prove that RISUG is safe and effective and reversible, there is no reason why anybody would have a vasectomy.”

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/08/16/researchers-develop-prototype-for-male-birth-control-pill/?intcmp=features

If all goes well then in a couple years males will have equal protection against unwanted pregnancy, without the permanence of getting snipped. And it was derived from a possible cancer treatment, so even more good news.

Id still argue that it is cancer treatment

Kids :dumb:

The only negative is reduced testes size. I think for most it won't be a issue, plus it will make your junk look larger!

Mensan what your referring to is different than OP

Good I am tired of having to look out for my nuts before I sit down.

This will never happen. There was another drug discovered in the early 90's that worked very well but upon market research, no woman would trust a man to take it or they would assume that they would lie. Thus there was no market potential. These drug companies need to spend a lot of cash to get a drug to market, thus there has to be huge reimbursement.

This will never happen. There was another drug discovered in the early 90's that worked very well but upon market research, no woman would trust a man to take it or they would assume that they would lie. Thus there was no market potential. These drug companies need to spend a lot of cash to get a drug to market, thus there has to be huge reimbursement.

Like any man trusts random women to take their birth control, and yet there is a large market for that. Seems to me history indicates that birth control pills were looked at much the same way you describe this when it came out.

That's not the point...

I would take it with the peace of mind that I'm getting NO ONE pregnant.

The waiting line for this will be longer then the premiere for the Avengers.. I'll be in front :gabe:

Correct.

WORRY FREE BRO

I think somewhere down the line you two got confused. Women are the ones that get prego not guys you silly homo's. :gabe:

Mensan what your referring to is different than OP

Correct, but I thought it was relevant to his comment If all goes well then in a couple years males will have equal protection against unwanted pregnancy, without the permanence of getting snipped. I wasn't trying to say that it was the same, but rather post interesting info that i thought people would enjoy. :)

Correct, but I thought it was relevant to his comment If all goes well then in a couple years males will have equal protection against unwanted pregnancy, without the permanence of getting snipped. I wasn't trying to say that it was the same, but rather post interesting info that i thought people would enjoy. :)

God forbid anyone make any attempt whatsoever to post anything intelligent or insightful around here without getting flamed :fa: