Make a ton of money in 2 days

Doc1647545523

If you can trailer my Viewt from Hays, Kansas to Columbus (924 miles).

The brave little Viewt ran perfectly until I hit some rumble strips in west Kansas, which suddenly caused a bunch of engine symptoms. I was fortunate to find a good mechanic open Saturday late, but there was no luck finding this problem. I decided to continue on to the rally start anyway.

Just across the Colorado state line, the Viewt ran its last. Opinion now is that it's likely a failed throttle body (with sensors), nothing that is going to get fixed around here.

AAA towed me 200 miles east to Hays, where I'm now all comfy in a Hampton. But I need to get this car home. A local guy wants $2,000 to do it. I'd rather pay someone on CR if they can free up and beat that price.

Text me with any ideas and we'll talk. 740-405-5565

Never having loaded a car on a trailer, I'm a little reluctant to try the first time with a rare car with an unusual dimension. However, I took your question to heart and looked into the local options. Of the U-haul facilities in the area, only one is open Sunday and they don't have the needed truck nor the transport trailer.

My major reservations were how to push the car by myself up the ramp (I have 3 herniated discs) since they don't have winches, and how to properly secure the car for the trip.

I don't want to dolly the car, either. I'll just bite the bullet and pay the man. I appreciate the offers of help and the advice.

With some luck I'll be home in the wee hours of Monday.