Home built titling

Tractor

I've read the DMV and OSHP sites on self assembled vehicle titling, but reading and doing and different things. Has anyone actually done it?

I think I can provide the necessary parts paper work. If I were simply building a truck id just use one of my old titles, in my case it would be an obvious fraud and id like to do it very legal.

I guess a big question is, does the inspection include things like, bumper heights, etc. my vehicle will have the standard safety lighting but bumpers aren't gonna happen. Though I guess if I had to I could put something stupid on it and cut it back off later.

As a hot rod fan, I don't know what the issue is as long as you maintain even a little bit of content from a truck you already own (firewall, axle, interior, etc.) you should be able to register your mudder...

There are guys with just an original firewall and VIN plate that build a whole 30's-style hot rod and title it perfectly legally...C&C guy told me this.

I believe that you will have to get reciepts for any and all parts within. Used parts off of the internet legally require a notarized reciept with the sellers name. If the OSHP decides they dont like reciepts or the parts you have on the vehicle, they can take the part and or vehicle.

I guess a big question is, does the inspection include things like, bumper heights, etc. my vehicle will have the standard safety lighting but bumpers aren't gonna happen. Though I guess if I had to I could put something stupid on it and cut it back off later.

ive never done a home built inspection, but have done a few salvage title inspections. i am fairly sure its the same inspection.

for the salvage inspections they do not give a shit about safety or road worthiness. they do not really care about quality of workmanship either. that is not what they are inspecting.

the inspection is to make sure that the parts/car are not stolen.

http://statepatrol.ohio.gov/doc/Inspection_brochure.pdf

Its sad that the simple thing to do would be to use my title from my `92 Pickup, put the vin somewhere on the truck and forget it.

This allows me to simply get plates for it as a toyota pickup, sell it to someone else within ohio who then simply has the DMV person look at the vin on the title, then get their plates. Completely ignoring the fact that toyota had nothing to do with the design or even any single component used in the construction except for maybe a vin plate or piece of the firewall.

This sort of thing happens all the time even with the DMV ORC rules about not modding vehicles. IDK the whole time I've been into 4x4's I've always been troubled by law enforcement ignoring 99% of the mods we do yet they bother others for lots of things.