Operation Shield

El Karacho1647545492

980 grams is just over 2 pounds, I could find 2 pounds of weed in my sleep, sorry ass cops couldn't catch cold in a snow storm.

What caught my eye was the 5 grams of crack. Either all our crackheads stay off the roads, or we're relatively crackhead-free.

Surprised that no mobile meth labs were found...yet

What caught my eye was the 5 grams of crack. Either all our crackheads stay off the roads, or we're relatively crackhead-free.

Surprised that no mobile meth labs were found...yet

They must not have made it to Newark yet.

OSP was out in force on the SE side of 270 Thursday late afternoon. I drove all the way around the outerbelt from Dublin East that morning since 315 was such a mess. Made it all the way to Alum Creek Exit 49 and didn't see one. That afternoon I headed to our Easton Office and there were 6-7 writing up people in the construction zone within 1 minute of me hitting the freeway.

Revenue.......everyone is out to get their share.

OSP was out in force on the SE side of 270 Thursday late afternoon. I drove all the way around the outerbelt from Dublin East that morning since 315 was such a mess. Made it all the way to Alum Creek Exit 49 and didn't see one. That afternoon I headed to our Easton Office and there were 6-7 writing up people in the construction zone within 1 minute of me hitting the freeway.

Revenue.......everyone is out to get their share.

this is osp's job unfortunately, and yes they have what can be considered a quota.

meaning they get extra pay and rewarded for catching the "most" etc..

this is osp's job unfortunately, and yes they have what can be considered a quota.

meaning they get extra pay and rewarded for catching the "most" etc..

At the same time that I feel the pinch of outrage, I still understand the rationale.

-OSP is tasked with catching criminals, and is allocated funds to do so

-Their performance is tracked by a number of vectors, some of which undoubtedly include traffic citations and the revenue that generates

-Their jobs depend on their performance, as any funds deemed to be misused (in manpower especially) will be taken away.

If faced with the prospect of losing their jobs, its a pretty clear choice, especially since public service jobs like this are usually the first to the chopping block.