gps vehicle tracking...

Spidey2721

There is every level of ease and difficulty with it.

Easy: a setting in your garmen that will just tell you everywhere it's been until you/ it is cleared.

A little more work: basically a tracker that puts out a signal that you look up and it gives you a location. Much like what people are using when they put a chip in a pet.

A little more work: basically a tracker that puts out a signal that you look up and it gives you a location. Much like what people are using when they put a chip in a pet.

What does this look like and where is it usually installed? My employer may start using this and I want to build a Faraday cage around mine.

What does this look like and where is it usually installed? My employer may start using this and I want to build a Faraday cage around mine.

It can be anywhere the ones we use are about the size of a pager. If they do use it for your work they will most likely hard wire it into your vehical.

I pulled one out of my car The other day. (come to find out my car was a rental car before I bought it) and it just plugs into the OBDII port and has an antenna in it that can be hidden under the dash, It allows the owner to track mileage, location, vehicle abuse, auto disable, etc.... I might be willing to let mine go for cheap if your boss is interested.... we're talking pick me up a case of Miller light and you can have it kinda cheap.

I pulled one out of my car The other day. (come to find out my car was a rental car before I bought it) and it just plugs into the OBDII port and has an antenna in it that can be hidden under the dash, It allows the owner to track mileage, location, vehicle abuse, auto disable, etc.... I might be willing to let mine go for cheap if your boss is interested.... we're talking pick me up a case of Miller light and you can have it kinda cheap.

I am interested if nobody else is. What brand is it?

Talk to Jason (LowridnS10) on here. I believe he's a fleet manager of some sort for Fishel Construction and over hundreds of vehicles. I also believe he's in charge of all of the GPS installations and tracking over all of the vehicles for the company. If it deals with vehicle tracking, he probably knows about it.

• 2 weeks later...