Almost New CCW Licensee

PGH STEELERS

I just completed my 12 hour training this last weekend to receive my certification. I have an appointment on September 6th to apply for my license. I'm excited and can't wait. I love this section of CR due to the great feed back/stories that gain me more knowledge. I am a novist and look to improve my skills over the year. I know read the articles here and on other sites I'll better my knowledge and my understanding of the laws. I do want to get another license in the Pittsburgh PA area due to, I visit that area at times. Hope at some point to join some of you guys for some type of shoot around/range time.

I have a Glock 19, 9 mm. So far I'm loving this gun! I'm sure with the more experience I get, I'm sure I'll be wanting another type of gun. I am thinking of some type of 38, so that I can conceal it a little better. But for now, I really like my Glock. I only have about 250 rounds thru it at this point and plan on shoting some more. I'm left eye dominat but hold my pistol right handed, so far so good. I need to loosen my grip more and learn how to breath better.

I have a Glock 19, 9 mm. So far I'm loving this gun! I'm sure with the more experience I get, I'm sure I'll be wanting another type of gun. I am thinking of some type of 38, so that I can conceal it a little better. But for now, I really like my Glock. I only have about 250 rounds thru it at this point and plan on shoting some more. I'm left eye dominat but hold my pistol right handed, so far so good. I need to loosen my grip more and learn how to breath better.

I just bought a glock 19 friday and love it so far. put 300 rds through it. I plan on using it for my ccw class as well in 2 wks. such a good gun to shoot.

there is a way to do it so you do not loosen your grip and can still breath ok.. this is part of what we teach, and you should have been taught this in your class.

I just completed my 12 hour training this last weekend to receive my certification. I have an appointment on September 6th to apply for my license. I'm excited and can't wait. I love this section of CR due to the great feed back/stories that gain me more knowledge. I am a novist and look to improve my skills over the year. I know read the articles here and on other sites I'll better my knowledge and my understanding of the laws. I do want to get another license in the Pittsburgh PA area due to, I visit that area at times. Hope at some point to join some of you guys for some type of shoot around/range time.

novist

novist

novist

novist

novist

novist

novist

Congrats. :)

I do want to get another license in the Pittsburgh PA area due to, I visit that area at times.

Make sure you go to a friendly county

http://www.pafoa.org/counties?county_issuesNonResidentLTCFs=&county_sheriffNfaFriendly=

Last time I passed through I didn't know there was a list of who would issue and who wouldn't, so I took my chances and lost out.

I'm left eye dominat but hold my pistol right handed, so far so good. I need to loosen my grip more and learn how to breath better.

I am also left eye dominant but right handed. My first time shooting a pistol i tried shooting right handed but realized that i would have to learn to shoot left handed (because of left eye dominance) after seeing my shot group was low and right. Might want to try this yourself, you could be surprised with the difference. Just my .02 though.

I am also left eye dominant but right handed. My first time shooting a pistol i tried shooting right handed but realized that i would have to learn to shoot left handed (because of left eye dominance) after seeing my shot group was low and right. Might want to try this yourself, you could be surprised with the difference. Just my .02 though.

what stance are you using? I usually shoot right hand/left eye no problem

Where did you take your class? I just went through mine on Sunday. Need to call that them there sheriff today to make an appointment.

I've been using a modified isosceles. My right leg is a half step to a full step behind my left leg, and arms extended. I was looking out my right eye with my left eye closed, and I was low and to the left at first. My instructor told me during the shotting portion to use my left eye. When I went to my left eye I was just about on target. I was a little bit up and to the left, but not by much. My grouping was spot on, until he had me stand up. I was still there but a little crazy at times. My instructor's name is Chris Hines and I think he's out of Plain City? He gave us a website which is: http://www.concealandcarryohio.com

I called the Franklin County Sheriff's office last week and my appointment is September 6th. So about two week for my application appointment and I can't tell how long until I get my license.

I've been using a modified isosceles. My right leg is a half step to a full step behind my left leg, and arms extended. I was looking out my right eye with my left eye closed, and I was low and to the left at first.

try the stance talked about in this video and see if that helps

I have a dumb question. I'm going to apply for my license on September 6th, I thougth that you had to put down your place of residence for the last 15 years? Someone just came to me and stated that you need to know your residence since you turned 18 years old? How am I to figure out all the places that I lived if that's the case? Man, I thought I read some place that it was the last 15 years?

I have a dumb question. I'm going to apply for my license on September 6th, I thougth that you had to put down your place of residence for the last 15 years? Someone just came to me and stated that you need to know your residence since you turned 18 years old? How am I to figure out all the places that I lived if that's the case? Man, I thought I read some place that it was the last 15 years?

Mine was since I was 18, I could not remember them all so I provided them with what I could remember

Yeah you need to list every place you lived since you turned 18 (Delware County). The more accurate and complete you are, the faster you'll get your license. If you've lived in many different counties, and/or in smaller counties that have shitty databases, it might also cause a delay.

It should say right on the form, go to your county sheriffs website and download the pdf.

I will tell you since I've been through all this in Franklin county. And know the girl who does it well there is a guy too, but just list all you can remember and you should be ok. Just remember to call three days after and it will prolly be done. It's just an FBI background check I used to pull them all the time when I worked for the sheriffs office.

Not to thread jack or derail, but my roommate applied to Delaware county sometime in July. He has yet to receive his license. He was called back a few days later and they left a message, but whenever he tries to call back they never answer or return his calls. What should he do?