Day laborers... Where can I find em?...

neonkiller

Im kinda in a pinch,

Ive been through friends friends of friends and people who just say they needa job and I have had no luck.

once I show them the work how quick it has to be done and the hrs needed to work. They dont last long.

Everyone wants me to work for them it seems like and Im over it.

I need to find out where day laborers hang out looking for work. I need someone who will show up every day for work, "Early in the am" and not complain we are out working for +10hrs a day.

The work is easy just needs done quick and to strict guidelines.

I mow foreclosed houses and I make a killing at it as long as I have someone who does not drag there ass.

I got offered to do more work for my sub-contrator and I dont wanna pass it up.

Pay is in cash every Monday.

Pay is based on EXP, last guy had very little and was pulling in 80-120 a day.

Work week is from thurs-tues

So anyone know where these guys hang out at? and what there expecting to be paid?

Its hard to find good help these days especially with that pay rate. There used to be a place on Georgesville Rd called Shannons Pub. Next to it is a gas station and Mexicans are usually stacked up on the side of it just chillin. If they are still around you can find the help you need.

honestly if i was looking for side work i would do it. I HATE working with lazy people or people who always COMPLAIN about doing work rather than just doing it. I have a second job already and cant stand working with people like this. On top of my "real job" and class schedule and dealing with my mom it would be impossible. But if i find anyone interested i'll let you know.

If you're looking for a lot to mow, my brother's neighbor foreclosed on their house, and the yard has been un-mowed all summer---driving my brother nuts. Pm me if you want the address---its in hilliard. Mexicans are your best bet. When I lived in columbus they were always hanging out in home depot parking lots

You will be hard pressed to find someone who will work 10+ hours a day at a fast rate and only have 1 day off smack in the middle of the week and I didn't see anything mentioned about benefits? It's tough when someone with experience can go to a major company and get benefits 401k etc etc and more time off

You will be hard pressed to find someone who will work 10+ hours a day at a fast rate and only have 1 day off smack in the middle of the week and I didn't see anything mentioned about benefits? It's tough when someone with experience can go to a major company and get benefits 401k etc etc and more time off

Exactly. Who wants to work themselves to death 6days/wk fr 10+hrs a day for $10-$12/hr with no benefits. Your best bet is learning Spanish and finding a crew south of the border

This is whats wrong with America.

yep

Imo if anyone in this country is working for less than like 10 or so an hour, you aren't even gonna be able to make ends meet.

depends on where you live, the problem isn't making ends meet, it's with living outside your means

Exactly.

Everyone wants to get paid, and nobody wants to work.

Plus society is teaching the youth that if they go to school, they'll get a job making 6 figures doing nothing but playing games all day. Somewhere along the lines, someone has to be a janitor. Not everyone can be a CEO.

Guys 100 a day tax free for unskilled manual labor is good money. Yes most make more in your jobs that you are trained in but brains always pats more than brawn. Greg I am sure your boss makes more than he pays you so your comment is dumb.

This is true but 10hr with no benefits and you pay your own tax etc is not good money sorry. If you want some fast good cash for hard work yes this would be great as a long term job not so much. This is why people probably do it make some whick side cash and move on

This is true but 10hr with no benefits and you pay your own tax etc is not good money sorry. If you want some fast good cash for hard work yes this would be great as a long term job not so much. This is why people probably do it make some whick side cash and move on

10/hr under the table IS good money, and who pays tax on under the table money anyway? If you are that concerned with all of that, you should be looking for a CAREER not a labor job to begin with.

10/hr under the table IS good money, and who pays tax on under the table money anyway? If you are that concerned with all of that, you should be looking for a CAREER not a labor job to begin with.

So you will deposit thousands in your bank account through the year but claim you nade no money the ebtire year and pay zero tax and have no insurance? Sounds like a good plan right there.

Clarify?

Everyone wants to make a quick buck and not put in the hard work for it. I remember when I was a kid I used to mow yards all around my neighborhood for $5-10 each and I'm only 28! People these days are so lazy that it leads people to searching out illegals since they are more dependable.

This sums it up:

The Notorious BIG said it best: "Either you're slingin' crack-rock, or you've got a wicked jump-shot." Nobody wants to work for it anymore. There's no honor in taking that after school job at Mickey Dee's, honor's in the dollar. - Boiler Room

So you will deposit thousands in your bank account through the year but claim you nade no money the ebtire year and pay zero tax and have no insurance? Sounds like a good plan right there.

Dude nobody claimed this is a career. Your not gonna work for him from now on under the table and as far as no benifits MANY people nowadays dont have any I just had to leave my job of 5 years cause they couldn't provide it (among other things)

LOL Bank account..... Like I said, this isn't a career, it's an honest wage. If I were closer and was available for the time I'd do it for the extra cash. I did this all through college taking nearly any job I could find under the table. Not once did I put a penny in the bank, everything was done via cash.

Everyone wants to make a quick buck and not put in the hard work for it. I remember when I was a kid I used to mow yards all around my neighborhood for $5-10 each and I'm only 28! People these days are so lazy that it leads people to searching out illegals since they are more dependable.

Yup, they are willing to EARN their money. Sadly the youth of today isn't.

Dude nobody claimed this is a career. Your not gonna work for him from now on under the table and as far as no benifits MANY people nowadays dont have any I just had to leave my job of 5 years cause they couldn't provide it (among other things)

Exactly