Photo editing

Rocky31186

I absolutely hate when people over edit photos and think they look great.

I hate instagram, it allows people that take shitty photo's on the phone to make them look even shittier.

For instance a family member is trying to open her own photography business. Everyone thinks she is going such a good job, but the photos are soo edited they don't look right at all.

For example, here is a older photo that I did like hers... She likes to make everything 100% sharpened and 100% contrast.

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/probin007/C86BA68A-AFCC-4DA7-978B-C0D8B823FB72-12028-00000E5B013EBD3B.jpg

tl:dr

I fucking hate instagram and people who over edit photos.

• Downvote 1

I absolutely hate when people over edit photos and think they look great.

I hate instagram, it allows people that take shitty photo's on the phone to make them look even shittier.

For instance a family member is trying to open her own photography business. Everyone thinks she is going such a good job, but the photos are soo edited they don't look right at all.

For example, here is a older photo that I did like hers... She likes to make everything 100% sharpened and 100% contrast.

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/probin007/C86BA68A-AFCC-4DA7-978B-C0D8B823FB72-12028-00000E5B013EBD3B.jpg

tl:dr

I fucking hate instagram and people who over edit photos.

I don't know what's worse, how many times that JPG has been compressed or the photo "editing" that's been done to it.

or this thread.

I know what your saying and agree. Instagram is just the latest problem. The underlying problem is people not having a clue what a photo (talking strictly technical/artistic) should look like and then giving praise to clueless "photographers" over the images.

Real photographers join a group ie, forum that gives truthful critique of their work so that they improve their collective skills instead of oogling over underexposed photos of pets, kids, and the occasional duck faced, underwear clad self portrait of a fat chick with a rather large camera.

Meh, if someone is happy with their pic, good for them. After I started messing with amateur TV calibrations I realized very few people actually care for realistic color/contrast/sharpness representation. Later after I became interested in photography I found people felt the same way about photos.