Need advice fighting tow company

phil

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is such bull shit. Someone steals your car, and the cops still make you pay for the tow. AND they went through your car (who knows what else they did) without having a right to search.

I hope you get an attorney and fuck them up. That's bull shit. I'm pissed and it's not even my car!

Pro Tip:

If you going to carry a gun in your car without a permit, don't call the cops.

Pay the extortionists and walk away.

Felons can't have guns: :lol:

The bastards moved my gun to make it visible to the cops. When they were "supposedly" looking for my permit. It was there from sat when I went to Nirk. I forgot it was in there. Regardless I'm still filing a small

Claims suit against them for towing my car and them for

Breaking into my car.

Well.....

After the cops showed up everything went bad. He went in and talked to them and came out. He explained that they have the rite to decline any type of payment. Even though they. Charged my cArd they did void the transaction. So I was forced to pay cash and he felt that they were fucking me at this point. His analogy was it was like someone going in your home, taking your tv, walking outside and reselling it to you in front of your home. I have no recourse to recover my money at this point. But wait it gets better...

So I finally exhaust all options, and pony up the cash. Well this is 45 mins later. Well I stand there there for twenty mins waiting for them to take my payment. Two squad cars show back up and head to the back.. 30mins later the same cop pulls up and ask to talk to me. He then asks me to place my hands behind my back. I start losing it but I finally do it as he was cool the whole time and he wasn't being a dick about everything. So I'm in the car and he turns around and asks me why I have a gun in the car. He said while they were looking for my permit they "discoverd" my mp40. Now I find that hard to believe because it was in my drivers door tucked behind some papers. He asks if I had a ccw and I chuckle( cause I don't). He asks if it's loaded and my guilty chuckle continues as I say nothing. He steps out of the car and comes back a few mins later. He looks at me and says this

"I got two options for you. A. You can go to jail at this point for carrying loaded weapon with out a ccw. B. I take the gun and confiscate it and you go home."

I took option B and went on my Marry way.

I get in my car, I find my permit on the floor and look for the gun to give to

Him. He says "it's on the passenger side " wait what? Why would it be over there???? Then I put my key in the ignition and it prompts me that my alarm was set off by the passenger door. Meaning what? Someone was inside my car.... I tell the officer and he says "you

Can file a police report if you would like" I said I will and my lawyer is going to have a field day with this. He shook his head and said that's up to you. Just remember you got off easy tonight. He took the gun and walked back to his car...

This whole experience has been shitty.

Well the cops are on the way because I came up here paid for the car on my cc/ they over heard me talking to my bank and after charging my card claimed they wanted cash only. Lol fuck em

haha

when i called and she acknowleded that they found the permit, i said " well can you tow my car back please ?"

her response

"no sir, why would we do that?"

:confused:

:fuuuu:

"BECUASE YOU STOLE MY CAR YOU CUNT!"

I dont think i acted very rational lol

So let me get this straight...you:

1) Freaked out on the company rep instead of acting calmly and exercising your legal options down the road.

2) Attempted what I can only assume is some form of credit card fraud by paying for something and then trying to report your card as stolen or issuing a stop payment so you didn't have to pay for it.

3) You then are discovered to be in possession of a concealed loaded firearm (keep in mind this is on someone else's property and there may be some legal reason for reasonable suspicion) for which you have no permit.

4) You post all the facts about this on the internet, and then claim your lawyer's going to have a field day.

LMFAO brb forwarding this entire thread to CPD.

So let me get this straight...you:

1) Freaked out on the company rep instead of acting calmly and exercising your legal options down the road.

2) Attempted what I can only assume is some form of credit card fraud by paying for something and then trying to report your card as stolen or issuing a stop payment so you didn't have to pay for it.

3) You then are discovered to be in possession of a concealed loaded firearm (keep in mind this is on someone else's property and there may be some legal reason for reasonable suspicion) for which you have no permit.

4) You post all the facts about this on the internet, and then claim your lawyer's going to have a field day.

LMFAO brb forwarding this entire thread to CPD.

Your ignorance amuses me. If I pay with a cc to get my car out of the lot, then as dicussed with my bank, dispute the charge, the bank then had recourse to investigate the transaction and find it to be an invalid charge. I'm legally allowed to have my car in the lot as I have a permit. Shamrock illegally removed my

Car, and then broke into my car. The only reason for my dash to prompt me the alarm went off is if someone got into it. I didn't go off until the lady told me "oh yeah we now see your permit, but you will still have to pay for the tow" now you tell me how you would react. Get of your high horse and get fucked. My lawyer will have a field day due to the fact that they removed a car from its place wrongfully. Then still charged me for illegally removing my car.

Your ignorance amuses me. If I pay with a cc to get my car out of the lot, then as dicussed with my bank, dispute the charge, the bank then had recourse to investigate the transaction and find it to be an invalid charge. I'm legally allowed to have my car in the lot as I have a permit. Shamrock illegally removed my

Car, and then broke into my car. The only reason for my dash to prompt me the alarm went off is if someone got into it. I didn't go off until the lady told me "oh yeah we now see your permit, but you will still have to pay for the tow" now you tell me how you would react. Get of your high horse and get fucked. My lawyer will have a field day due to the fact that they removed a car from its place wrongfully. Then still charged me for illegally removing my car.

Trololo

EDIT: complaining on the internet and what do you expect

Phil, you did this 100% wrong. You could have resolved it without police officers targeting you, and possibly could have been repaid for it.

Had it been me, when I first discovered my car gone I would have gone right back inside and talked to security about it, along with my direct manager. I would have informed them that I did in fact have my permit displayed and the car was still taken. I would have asked how to handle having an expense report filled out to compensate you for the cost. If they would have tried to argue, I would have called HR and said the exact same thing to them. Then, I would have gone to Scamrock, quietly paid them without putting up any fight seeing how they have my property locked up in a way that I have no legal way to fight. I would have taken pictures of every corner of the car and pictures of the permit being properly displayed before opening the car. After opening it and the alarm going off, I would have taken a video on my phone of it, speaking out loud that it is going off due to someone having broken in, and that things had been moved inside the car. I then would have checked to see if anything had been stolen, and documented it before leaving. Once its all said and done, I'd fill out the expense report at work for the tow bill, anything stolen and any damages, and tell them you would like nothing more than for them to reclaim the money directly from Shamrock. If the company doesn't pay, then I'd take Shamrock to court for grand theft auto, breaking and entering, theft of property and destruction of property.

No where in that process would I have invited police to be a part of the mess, they aren't there to help you.