I would shoot and kill every one of them....

TTQ B4U

Fucks given?

The Donovans had also fallen more than $20,000 behind on their mortgage payments, as their last payment was made in the summer of 2011, so they hoped that the temporary move to Indiana would provide enough income to pay the Colorado mortgage debt.

Posted Jul 31st 2012 1:45PM

I just the story on TV Tonight.

Fucks given?

The Donovans had also fallen more than $20,000 behind on their mortgage payments, as their last payment was made in the summer of 2011, so they hoped that the temporary move to Indiana would provide enough income to pay the Colorado mortgage debt.

perhaps but they did put their house up for sale in 2011, were in negotiations with their bank and temporarily moved to Indiana obtain work. they didn't appear to be bailing on the responsibility of the debt. so after all that they come back to squatters?

I think my one niegbor of 15 years has been in his house less than 2 of those 15 years. He travels constantly. My wife and I joke we could live there and he's never know. I already have permission to use his garage and driveway :)

The only thing that blows my mind is this adverse possession thing...really, the house has to be abandoned for 18 YEARS???? What fucking genius was that law written for?

"Hey honey, you know what I just got in the mail? Our 215th monthly overdue mortgage notice for that little place in Colorado! You know, we only have one more month before it can be claimed by adverse possession, we should really head back out there to make sure no one has messed with it."

Except they hadn't made a payment in a year.

well they the house up for sale so chances are the bank was pushing them into foreclosure but if they pulled it off the market as noted, then they probably engaged them in a work out option. makes sense as they finally gained employment. so again, they weren't able to make the payments but they appeared to re-engage with the bank vs just letting it go to sale. banks wouldn't do that unless they were getting some type of payment at that point.

well they the house up for sale so chances are the bank was pushing them into foreclosure but if they pulled it off the market as noted, then they probably engaged them in a work out option. makes sense as they finally gained employment. so again, they weren't able to make the payments but they appeared to re-engage with the bank vs just letting it go to sale. banks wouldn't do that unless they were getting some type of payment at that point.

actually you have to be so far behind and havent made a payment in so long in order to qualify in most cases. All that aside, they still had not paid a dime since July 2011 as of mid august..You are stating "what ifs" I am stating facts.

actually you have to be so far behind and havent made a payment in so long in order to qualify in most cases. All that aside, they still had not paid a dime since July 2011 as of mid august..You are stating "what ifs" I am stating facts.

Not true. Typically banks will begin proceedings at six months. Their case is Activin the bankruptcy system iif you care to look up also.

Not true. Typically banks will begin proceedings at six months. Their case is Activin the bankruptcy system iif you care to look up also.

Start the foreclosure process yes. What I said about modification programs and so on is still 100% correct.

Start the foreclosure process yes. What I said about modification programs and so on is still 100% correct.

if the banks are on it and many are today, they can have you completely out in 7-8 months. Bottom line is if your bank is willing to set up a program for you, there's little sense to make any further payments until that agreement is reached as the payment would just be you pissing away interest. My wife's done this for 18yrs, I'm familiar with the process and what the expectations are.

Great...USA, the new RSA.

This has been going on for years back in the "motherland". There has been cases where people have literally put up shack in someone's backyard and they were legally not allowed to do anything about it. Same goes to people who rent out houses, it has become a nightmare to rent out your house. You are not allowed to evict someone unless you find them a new place to stay. Typically that only happens though if you're a white property owner and the squatters are black.

if the banks are on it and many are today, they can have you completely out in 7-8 months. Bottom line is if your bank is willing to set up a program for you, there's little sense to make any further payments until that agreement is reached as the payment would just be you pissing away interest. My wife's done this for 18yrs, I'm familiar with the process and what the expectations are.

Not even close to the current climate on foreclosures.

I still have no sympathy for these delinquents

Not even close to the current climate on foreclosures.

You'd be surprised. Depends on the bank. With the uptick in the market for existing homes, there's been a step up in the process as there's a window to sell so many are moving much faster than one year ago when some banks just let the owners walk and never even began the process because in the end the house was not likely to sell.

I still have no sympathy for these delinquents

I don't either, but in rare cases I have empathy when people they are trying to do the right thing, not walking way from a house, keeping the lines of communication with the banker open, walking through the systems in place and then something like this happens.

You'd be surprised. Depends on the bank. With the uptick in the market for existing homes, there's been a step up in the process as there's a window to sell so many are moving much faster than one year ago when some banks just let the owners walk and never even began the process because in the end the house was not likely to sell.

The ones being processed are from 2009 and 2010. The backlog is so big that their "rushing" is catching up on people who are YEARS behind. Banks are not foreclosing in 7-8 months unless the bwr is telling them to just take the house. Also with the QWR process a person can delay foreclosure multiple time.

I don't either, but in rare cases I have empathy when people they are trying to do the right thing, not walking way from a house, keeping the lines of communication with the banker open, walking through the systems in place and then something like this happens.

Over 1 year with no payments

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2012/07/31/squatters-refuse-to-vacate-couples-home/

Fuck that noise. If I came home to find "squatters" in my home, I would pull out my CCW and shoot every last one dead and call the cops after.

That's where you use Stand Your Ground and yell, they're coming right for me.