.22 LR Rifles

Radio Flyer1647545514

I'm looking at getting a .22 LR for squirrel and plinking. I'm looking for something that is a bolt and am really looking at the Savage MK2 BTVS. Does anyone have one that can give me some input.

The other rifles I've been looking at are the CZ USA bolt action .22LR. They have various models but I'm not looking to spend over 400 on a .22 which leaves me looking at the CZ 445. Has anyone shot any of the CZ line that can give me some comparisons.

I can't comment on the MK2, specifically, but I own a 93r17 which I believe is a similar setup and absolutely love it. Don't use a 17 if you plan on eating said squirrels though.

Marlin 39a if you're looking for something a bit different. 26 rounds of 22 shorts would make for a fun squirrel gun. Looove mine.

I have a GSG522 and LOVE her. Picky on ammo...needs the gold capped HV rounds, but she is super fun and reliable. It has the fake suppressor can on it, but a few hundred were built from the factory with an active and integrated suppressor can. You do not need a stamp to own that rifle...if you put an aftermarket can on you do need the stamp. Look for one integrated... I know you are looking for a bolt, but should you not find what you are looking for...check one out.

I'm looking for a bolt. Thank you.

I know everyone says Ruger 10/22 but I don't want a semi auto.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Go look for a savage mod mark II TRR-SR. I'm not sure if vances has them in anymore. I have mine in a sand colored stock that was only produced for dicks sporting goods. Only downfall is it comes with a 5rd mag but you can purchase 10rd mags. Both of which don't take long to empty. Purchase a bi-pod, the factory scope is decent and can get you to about 125yrds.