Need life advice

wnaplay1647545503

Guy has a 66 chevy van painted like the mystery machine on craigslist. I would love to make that a delivery van. Who wouldnt want a bday cake or wedding cake delivered in the mystery machine? Plus I would just park it in front of the shop to draw attention from every kid and parent wanting to see a piece of their childhood. Couldnt get the guy to trade for nothing. I can see the ladies swoon when color me bad delivers their cake from a mystery machine.

How about the Murthmobile? My son and I made a replica one last year.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I wish you the best of luck. One thing to consider is selling your home, all unnecessary stuff, and live in the cake shop to cut down on cost.

I am in the process of developing my own product line and the wife is on board with possibly living in a warehouse so that we have enough room for machines, tools, storage, product, etc once I have created enough income to warrant both of us quiting our jobs to grow the business. It all comes down to the sacrifices one is willing to make to chase your dreams. I decided to chase a dream versus to get a masters degree and instead of working for others the rest of my life. I got spoiled being a tennis instructor with clients all the US to Japan and am use to doing things my way to solve a situation before I moved to Ohio.

When I suggested more education I also put that there are lots of scholarships, grants etc especially for people who have life experience or are over 30. I suggest looking at all your options and see how far you can go for free. There are lots of ways to take classes without paying much if anything.

If you did have to take out student loans (which I'm not suggesting) they would only be due after your education is finished and they are generally very low interest rates.

In my opinion and experience, education does not make you smart. Education opens doors to better paying jobs. My brother in law is a doctor and can't change a tire. But he makes a shit load of money. You just have to make sure you are going for the right degree, certificate etc to make you marketable. How many folks have you heard of with phd's in art appreciation that work at McDonalds?

In all sincerity, I do wish you and your family the best. I just wanted to offer my two cents. Good luck.

LOL @ Color Me Badd reference.

Yeah, your stipulations about work and such does hamstring you. Still, though, I think the cake shop is the way to go. My wife and I were checking out the website last night - some of those cakes were awesome looking. She has a talent, and you found a niche - keep with it, that's what I say.

I have my diploma, networking comes with a side of being able to bullshit somewhat. I am not good at that. I feel I am very calculated and often have most situations played out in my head before they happen. I rarely take risks without playing out possible scenarios. It doesnt always work out as planned but it has worked for me up until now hence seeking advice. I am fighting a govt agency with no real way to attack. You cant speak with anyone, you cant get answers, you are at their mercy.

if you are having a problem like that you need to lawyer up.... many of them will represent you for little or no money up front and take the fee out of whatever settlement you end up with....

are you having problems with social security people or disability people or both?

I have who has been describe to me as the very best workers comp attorney in Ohio. They say my guy literally wrote the law here in Ohio and taught wc law at capital university. I must admit that after dragging this out for 4 years I am starting to have my doubts. I am in a holding pattern, nobody really knows where we should go from here. I have been trying to settle for 3 years but BWC is not having it.