Redbull Stratos in 2 days.

Trouble Maker

i dont think this is right, because it's only gone up, and the speed of the ascent has gotten much slower. they were up over 100mph a bit ago, and i think they just heard he was down into the teens. if thats so, if it was meters per second, it wouldnt keep going up.

anyone else have an idea?

It's meters of elevation.

Currently 26,650. Although for some reason it reads 26.650

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's meters of elevation.

Currently 26,650. Although for some reason it reads 26.650

makes more sense, except for the part you pointed out using "." instead of ","...maybe its a european thing. they did say BBC is doing a big documentary on it.

i dont think this is right, because it's only gone up, and the speed of the ascent has gotten much slower. they were up over 100mph a bit ago, and i think they just heard he was down into the teens. if thats so, if it was meters per second, it wouldnt keep going up.

anyone else have an idea?

Up to 100 mph going east or west hes going 27 meters a sec up

here's my other question...what happens to that capsule and balloon after he jumps? does it just sorta crash land somewhere, or do they have some parachute for it to safely land?

it has a parachute below the balloon and will land safely, i am designing mine the same way

For the last time, it's not.

It's just the metric height he is at, they are showing everything in English and metric units.

dude it was at meters per second online, I know my shit. It was at the bottom it stated how fast it was rising, the top numbers are feet and meters up from the ground to where he is at

Yeah must be different on Tv, they show us speeds of elevation and ground speed at various times and still show metric and English units.

It's crazy this dude Is gonna be almost 2 miles higher than expected when he is ready to jump.