Discuss

Sam1647545489

agreed, great satire.

For myself, government assistance(EBT/unemployment/section 8) should be limited to 6 months. People lose jobs and life events happen, but at some point people have to figure it out and make sacrifices to get what they want.

agreed, great satire.

For myself, government assistance(EBT/unemployment/section 8) should be limited to 6 months. People lose jobs and life events happen, but at some point people have to figure it out and make sacrifices to get what they want.

unemployment IS NOT welfare. You pay into it and thus have a right to claim when and if you become unemployed. There are plenty of intelligent, hard working people who have used unemployment in the past as a stop gap between jobs, myself being one of them.

Please keep in mind that I am not trolling when asking this question. Does the amount that you pay into your unemployment account equal to the cap that you are able to use or at some point after surpassing the contribution it is assistance?

unemployment IS NOT welfare. You pay into it and thus have a right to claim when and if you become unemployed. There are plenty of intelligent, hard working people who have used unemployment in the past as a stop gap between jobs, myself being one of them.

Employers pay unemployment tax, not the employee. Pretty sure that is the case for all states but a select few.

It would be nice if unemployment was being used for its intended purpose but unfortunately I think you have an overwhelming majority taking advantage of the system.

I dont see how people get on it. I havent worked in nearly 4 years and currently bring in 1/4 of the income I was bringing in when I was. I dont qualify for any programs despite having limited income and 5 people in my household.

:wtf:

How the fuck does that happen?

KillJoy

Apparantly $20k for 5 people is making to much in a year.

Lame. This is why I would not give a fuck if they totally did away with welfare. Fuck sticks who abuse it and don't need it can get it. Someone who legitimately should qualify and needs it, cant

The worst part is they trap you in a system you dont want anything to do with. I cant go to work without a Dr. signing off or risk losing any medical benefits regarding my injury if I re-injure myself, I was threatened with 30 years in jail if I continued to try and keep my painting business alive despite me not actually working it and my wife taking it over. I have spent my entire savings including cashing out my wifes and my retirement. I have sold almost every toy I had with the exception of the bike which is to be sold in the spring if I can hold off that long and I only have it as part of a trade for my last toy I sold so its basically a short term investment. And the impala which I bought low and plan to sell for a little profit when I get desperate. I am trying to keep the house but we will have to see on that one. I have basically begged them to let me out of this and they still wont, yet wont allow me any benefits to stay afloat. I dont even want the benefits but cant get by without one or the other.