Puppy for Adoption

timmy43016

Hey Guys,

As some of you know, my wife and I foster for a pit rescue and we have a puppy for adoption. I really hesitate putting him up because I want to keep him, but my wife is not having it. lol.

This is Maximus and he is hands down the coolest damn dog ever. He is 8 weeks old pit mix and weighs about 12 pounds. He is up to date on all shots and is getting fixed/chipped next week (someone called me a commie bastard once on here for chipping, but its mandatory by the agency so deal with it). He was dropped off in a box along with 2 others from his litter to Franklin County Animal Shelter at their front door overnight. He has no medical conditions and was fat and happy when found. He had fleas, but those are gone.

Max is seriously a cool ass dog, and anyone who gets him is going to have a genuine awesome dog. His personality at this age is amazing and he will grow up to be a really great ambassador of the breed. He gets along great with our dogs (also pits) and every other dog he meets (been taking him to dog parks and out in public daily). He already goes to the door when he has to go to the bathroom. In the 2 weeks we have had him, we have only had a couple accidents. He will let you know when he needs to go out. He is crate trained already and loves his crate. First night we put him in the crate, he never cried. He sleeps almost the whole night through only to go out once or twice and goes right back in to sleep. He loves people and loves bones/toys. I wish I could keep him...truely he is awesome. I expect him to be between 70-80 pounds given his paws.

Adoption fees are 175 and that includes all shots, chip, and neuter. Let me know if any of you would like to meet him. We can make arrangements. 614-307-6695 (prefer call or text rather than IM since I never check them)

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq203/picasso007/photo-3.jpg

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq203/picasso007/photo-1-1.jpg

Edited by timmy43016

micro chipping is one of the best and most responsible things and owner can do. to hell with anyone who commented to you other wise. that would be a very fun discussion to have with me. Coffee Black and Gabe would hate my posts about it :)

Good luck with the adoption and kudos for a good cause.

Any idea on how well he would do with other animals like cats?

He has been around a lot of different animals and he is very cool with all. He is still a puppy and gets a little mouthy like a piranha, but he knows the word NO very well and reacts accordingly. He sleeps all over everyone and everything. He is a puppy, and as he gets older will need work to ensure training. Proper training will keep him cool as a cucumber. Short answer...yes he would be just fine.

micro chipping is one of the best and most responsible things and owner can do. to hell with anyone who commented to you other wise. that would be a very fun discussion to have with me. Coffee Black and Gabe would hate my posts about it :)

Good luck with the adoption and kudos for a good cause.

I agree with you 100%. I got a neg rep with no name on it when i mentioned it last time. I was just called a commie bastard and was left at that lol.

There is no better dog then the pitbull. I just got another pit pup and love it. They are very smart dogs and learn very quick. They are very loyal dogs. If I didnt just get my new pup I would be all over this. They are easy to train.

GLWS

Agreed, my pit has no issues with any other animal he's a huge knucklehead.

I love my pit/boxer mix... Great companion dog. I would love to get the dog for her to have a friend (she doesnt get as much 1on1 time with hte 2 young kids in the house now).. but it would be tough with two little ones right now. :( I will def keep you in mind in the future though, if you do this often.

We have a couple from CR coming to meet him tomorrow! Hope all works out and he gets a great home!

Good to hear that he might have a chance. I hope it works out. I hate hearing about dogs having to go to a shelter or even put down cause they couldnt find a family to adopt them

Good to hear that he might have a chance. I hope it works out. I hate hearing about dogs having to go to a shelter or even put down cause they couldnt find a family to adopt them

I would keep him before letting that happen. Thats just retarded.

Great dog and thanks for fostering! We already have 2 pound pups and I've always thought of being a foster family, I just don't have time for the dogs we do have and I'm sure the wife and I would get too attached to one of them and we'd eventually have a zoo. Maybe when we get a bigger place and more land!