Not all wheels are created equal

Forrest Gump 9

It's the old "Read the copy, don't watch the ad" issue...he'll be SOL, and the company will take a beating online.

So let me get this straight, the poster clearly states and shows he was "attending a track day" and the warranty clearly states "This limited warranty is void when COR Wheels have been subjected to misuse, abuse, Track use." :confused:

COR can legally talk about and promote how by running on their wheels one can "gain unmatched performance on and off the racetrack" :yuno: that doesn't discount the fact that by doing so they also clearly note that you will void your warranty. No different than seeing Ford Raptors advertisements with their trucks going across Baha, etc....read the fine print and see my next statement.

Sounds to me like it's a case of RFTM and RTF T's & C's. Not to mention, March 11, 2011 to May 6, 2012 is outside the warranty period and he's also not the original purchaser. Double Fail. :dumb::dumb:

Not sure why the poster is so confused about all of those things. :dumb:

He stated that the company changed the warranty policy to include track use AFTER his wheels had been submitted for evaluation. Any after market wheel should be able to hold up to Michelin Pilot Sports...I mean come on, they are sticky, but not THAT sticky.

He stated that the company changed the warranty policy to include track use AFTER his wheels had been submitted for evaluation.

I see that portion, but the page still shows clearly that misuse, abuse or competetive use void the warranty.

Let's fact check the day.....it's a track day where he ran several sessions (not outside norm to be considered misuse, abuse or competetive in nature)

It's in fact at Auto Club Speedway

He's with HG Motorsports guys

He has an instructor in his car (again, not taking a basic defensive driving course)

He was in Turn 16 of the "Sport Car" Layout of the event.

There are obviously non-stock cars around him in the photos.

The wheels were modified in some fashion

Call it what it is already.......it's a fucking track day event not a spirit cruise on route 66 or the 555 in Ohio. Even Ford states that the Mustang Boss® 302 Laguna Seca Package voids the vehicle warranty.

Nonetheless they are past the 1 year warranty period.

Edited by TTQ B4U

Agreed, although a wheel should be able to hold up to that use none the less. Seeing how people curb the shit out of wheels all day without major problems.

Regardless of coverage, I think it has made it's mark as a junk wheel for serious enthusiasts.

Frankly I don't care if they are covered. I think that it would be a blessing if they did, but if they don't meh, doesn't hurt to ask.

Agreed, although a wheel should be able to hold up to that use none the less. Seeing how people curb the shit out of wheels all day without major problems.

Same could be said for tons of more factory oriented upgrades from the big 3 that also void warranty. See my note above about the Mustang Laguno Seca Package. I don't know much about COR but in the end, they can limit their warranty and it's up to the owner to read up and be responsible.

Regardless of coverage, I think it has made it's mark as a junk wheel for serious enthusiasts.

Agree.

if they don't meh, doesn't hurt to ask.

yeah, but he's hardly asking. he's supposedly involving an attorney and acting like they have zero accountability. Who does he think he is Obama?

I hear rota makes good track wheels, never heard of em breaking

Rota, I can understand because they are knock offs and a lot cheaper. COR prized themselves as premiere wheel maker comparable with HRE. That's why it's an outrage. You want to charge a premium for your good, you have to be better than the average company and your service have to be top notch.

It boggles my mind that companies dont understand that a glaring error in customer service under such a large spotlight can be that detrimental to their company.

or maybe thier product is so sub-par that if they covered this they'd fear they'll be flooded with requests to fix the rest of thier broken wheels

either way, not looking good for them.

Technicalities aside (not original owner, wheels painted), here's my take. You have a premium forged (expensive) wheel using the latest in technology to make it the lightest and strongest wheel possible but it's not intended for "competition" use???

To me Competition use is RACING, with really sicky rubber, possible car to car contact, etc. Drivers Education events are not competition in my opinion.

Further, this guy was running standard summer performance street rubber on the car. The loads put on the car are nothing more than he could have done on the street.

Bottom line that wheels should not have failed in that setting and if I owned a set of similar whees I'd be rather worried next time I took a corner hard on the street.

^^^amen

I do however think, if they were to admit to replacing the wheel, then what about the body damage, brakes, ect.......

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l556/Taylor_Crandall/Cor%20Post/i-FDMdPCs-XL.jpg

I'd say they would replace the wheel but would not be responsible for subsequent damage as a result of failure. Thats how most warranties work.

So let me get this straight, the poster clearly states and shows he was "attending a track day" and the warranty clearly states "This limited warranty is void when COR Wheels have been subjected to misuse, abuse, Track use." :confused:

COR can legally talk about and promote how by running on their wheels one can "gain unmatched performance on and off the racetrack" :yuno: that doesn't discount the fact that by doing so they also clearly note that you will void your warranty. No different than seeing Ford Raptors advertisements with their trucks going across Baha, etc....read the fine print and see my next statement.

Sounds to me like it's a case of RFTM and RTF T's & C's. Not to mention, March 11, 2011 to May 6, 2012 is outside the warranty period and he's also not the original purchaser. Double Fail. :dumb::dumb:

Not sure why the poster is so confused about all of those things. :dumb:

Which is exactly what I said. Any confusion is yours.:dumb: