CR Networking Night Event

wagner

Would there be any interest in a CR Professional Networking Event? Kind of like a LinkedIn event, but with CR people. I know we have some recruiters on here, and people from all different kinds of industry that would benefit from this.

****UPDATED MEETING INFORMATION******

Please let me know if you are planning on coming to this so I can make a reservation.

When:

11/14/2012 from 6-9 PM

Where:

Winking Lizzard

http://www.winkinglizard.com/

1380 Bethel Rd.

Columbus, OH 43220

Why:

So we can all improve our professional networks

Who:

Anybody

Edited by Wagner

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be down for something like this, wednesdays arent that good for me though.

I went with wed. just because it is in the middle of the week and easy to plan around. It sucks because I know some people might be limited on certain days, but we need to plan for the majority.

I also thought about Tuesdays or Thursdays if that is better. This is my first time planning an event like this so it might be a bit rough the first go :)

What is a networking or linkedin event?

and if you guys think I'm kidding I'm not. My life revolves around cars, computers have just become a big part of that, I don't really use technology for much else.

Not computer networking, but professional networking. Learning who might have a lead on a job or someone with the skills to fill a job. Basically when people say you have to "know someone" to get hired, this could really help.

maybe somewhere in clintonville? westerville, easton, sawmill, hilliard? guess it would depend on where the majority of people are from.

We do a lot of work happy hour stuff over at Bar Louie at Easton.

I am game for any place, my main focus is on travel time, parking, space. I don't want this to be a giant pain for those who want to attend.

I understand majority rules and all that, just wanted to get my preference out there. I'm always looking to network and my gf is looking for a new career.

I totally understand, that is why I am seeing if people really have a preference. If this goes well we might start doing it every quarter.

I was thinking we could do this at one of the following:

Winking Lizzard

Jed's

QSL

Bar Louie

All of these places have space, easy to get too, and the first two on the list have side rooms we could maybe get.

Date wise I am looking at the following:

Nov. 6,7,13, or 14

Time will be 6-9pm.

These are all before the holiday insanity of turkey day.

Again, any feedback would be great.

I am still also looking for any hiring managers that would maybe be interested in this. If you know of any please let them know.

I would like to get a location finalized so I can see if we can get a room, or make a reservation.