Tool Box PT.2

Crossle

Ok, looking seriously for a new shop box. Does anybody have any experience with the Homak H2Pro line? I don't want to hear about the base Homak line that is equally as flimsy as Craftsmen boxes (sorry Craftsmen owners, they are). Not many reviews online, and the ones that are listed all praise the box as immediate reaction after purchase.

I look to you guys around here that I know have been around this longer than I have for input. It does help.

I know I can go used yadda yadda, just exploring all options.

TIA

lol, I hate looking for tool boxes. I found a killer Matco box on Craigslist, but it's just higher than what I can spend right now. I'm just totally out of space, starting to stack stuff outside of the box as well as inside the box.

My opinion is it depends on your usage. I justified my snap on because of daily use. If I was just a home owners who tinkers once every 3 months I could swallow using a craftsman.

If you are really going to use it, buy a real box (snap on, matco, MAC...). Don't get me wrong, regardless of deal these boxes cost a retarded amount of money but if you follow auctions and Craigslist a box could he had for way too cheap to not go for it. My boxes will still be here in 30 years, will this brand? It's an investment.

If its your livelihood buy once and be done. Its a bunch of change but I thought of it as college tuition for me, and ill have my set of tools for life and if I ever have a kid they will be his someday.

I tuned a wrench to pay the bills for damn near 10 years and went through 3 boxes. Started with a craftsman roller,intermediate,top chest and two lockers. Then went to a triple bank snap on and finally bought a double bank snap on with suspension. For what the box sells for I got a good deal. But its still super expensive.

FYI "The Andersons General Store" carries Homak stuff. You could go check it out. I specifically looked through some of their clearance tools today at the Brice Road location. I don't believe the boxes were on sale, but you could go see one in person at least.

I appreciate all the input. I have a feeling I will end up dealing with the situation for awhile longer. I am trying to snag a 72" roll cab with riser or something in that neighborhood as a "final" base that I won't have to upgrade from for a long time.

Your Snapon Dealer (tanner?) should be able to get you into a KRL722 or a KRA2422 for a reasonable price if you are trading in what you have. There are still some kra2418's (72" classic 96) floating around that come with a free workstation. The Homak stuff doesnt hold up like you think it would...

Since you already have a Snap On talk to your dealer about trading up. If you bought it from a dealer and it is still in good condition they will give you exactly what you paid for it as long as you trade laterally or up. I have a KRL722A and a side cabinet and this past April Jeff offered me $5400 ($1300 more than what I paid) to trade up to a KRL1033 and the deal came with a free SS top and lighted hutch. I wanted it badly but didn't want to take on the extra $5000 price. I'm sure you don't want to take that on either. Basically talk to your dealer and see what he can do for you. Craftsmen, Homak, General are all good boxes for the guy who changes his on oil at home.