Rear-end opinions needed!

hpfiend

A 9" is probably the best option, a 60 is nice but heavier so not really justifiable. C-clip eliminators are notorious for leaking (mainly on street driven cars) but you could go that route and change seals every so often. Might come down to how much power your actually making and only buying what you need, granted anything can be broken......

Thanks all... well I dropped it off last week with Gary.

Went for the 9" ends and axles in the 31 spline big tube explorer 8.8, welded tubes, and narrowed to my measurements. Putting the ford carbon fiber clutch pak in the trak lok myself and should be good to go- at least good enough to try the 3.73 ratio out in the quarter... that is after I get it in there...

550-650 rwhp in a ~2700 lb automatic vehicle without a transbrake on 10.5 tires. Probably could have skated by on two short factory axles and caliper brackets as my axle retention device but better safe than sorry and I would rather only do this once.

Thanks all... well I dropped it off last week with Gary.

Went for the 9" ends and axles in the 31 spline big tube explorer 8.8, welded tubes, and narrowed to my measurements. Putting the ford carbon fiber clutch pak in the trak lok myself and should be good to go- at least good enough to try the 3.73 ratio out in the quarter... that is after I get it in there...

550-650 rwhp in a ~2700 lb automatic vehicle without a transbrake on 10.5 tires. Probably could have skated by on two short factory axles and caliper brackets as my axle retention device but better safe than sorry and I would rather only do this once.

Sounds like a good decision. I'm assuming Gary over at Babbit?